Do YOU need a Safety?

Concealed Carry or Open Carry. Here's the place to be for Practical Carry Topics.

Do YOU need a Safety?

Postby HootmonSccy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:13 pm

I'm going thru my e-mail and see this the picture below..
It catches my interest because it shows a CPX-1 & CPX-2 (with and without a safety)...

When I watch the article, the whole thing is about Striker Fire pistols, which the CPX is NOT!!
So disappointed..
The article could have been done a little better differentiating between Single action, Double Action and Striker fire pistols.. But it did not..

ARTICLE
Attachments
Safety.PNG
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Re: Do YOU need a Safety?

Postby sccytoter » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:57 pm

My safety is between my ears. I own pistols with and some without, but seem to be able to safely operate them all. :wink:
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby tom47 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:02 pm

I don't need one at all and do not carry a gun with one.

I also don't carry with one in the chamber. My practice is draw, rack, aim and fire if required.

If it's dark out, it is draw, rack, turn on laser [which is automatic with the TR-10] aim and fire if required.

Works for me, although it gives condition-1 carry folks many things to explain to me why I am so wrong! :whist:
USAF
1965 to 1968
Takhli RTAFB
tom47
Forum Regular

Postby HootmonSccy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:23 pm

tom47 wrote:I don't need one at all and do not carry a gun with one.

I also don't carry with one in the chamber. My practice is draw, rack, aim and fire if required.

If it's dark out, it is draw, rack, turn on laser [which is automatic with the TR-10] aim and fire if required.

Works for me, although it gives condition-1 carry folks many things to explain to me why I am so wrong! :whist:

Tom - You are responsible for your own safety.. IF the way you carry makes you feel secure, then it is what works for you..
You would have to live (die) with the consequences, just like the rest of us..
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby Renaldow » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:35 pm

I also don't usually carry a gun with a safety. I carry my CPX-2 with one in the chamber ready to go. I suggest everyone carries a weapon they can use with one hand and reach with either of them, if possible. But that's just a suggestion. Do as you feel necessary.
Renaldow
Forum Regular

Postby HootmonSccy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:34 am

There was a gentleman on here that bought a CPX-1 because the wife did not want a gun in the house unless it had a safety on it..
In this situation, logic and rational did not matter and discussion about it would only lead to arguing and the eventual denial of having a gun in the house..
SO, although (in my opinion) you do NOT need a safety on a DAO gun, his reason justified a NEED for a safety..
Ben Franklin
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby Renaldow » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:02 pm

If given the choice, I think I'd choose a safety over an empty chamber.
Renaldow
Forum Regular

Return to Carry