Do you carry at home?

Concealed Carry or Open Carry. Here's the place to be for Practical Carry Topics.

Re: Do you carry at home?

Postby getvicious » Tue May 20, 2014 11:58 am

You folks might check out http://spotcrime.com/ if you haven't already.

It's a site that sends info on crime in your area (or whatever area you select) to you in email form. It can be a real eye opener. 8)

It's good for learning what types of crimes are happening around you.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby Warhawk » Tue May 20, 2014 12:26 pm

getvicious wrote:You folks might check out http://spotcrime.com/ if you haven't already.

It's a site that sends info on crime in your area (or whatever area you select) to you in email form. It can be a real eye opener. 8)

It's good for learning what types of crimes are happening around you.

Very nice site for info. Thanks
Warhawk

Postby madmax » Tue May 20, 2014 12:34 pm

I carry everywhere I go except for school.
Max
USCG Ret.
madmax
Veteran Member

Postby TexasLookout » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:06 pm

Oh yes not all the time. When I holster up the 45 or 9 the wife kinda rolls her eyes at me. But at all times do carry except where prohibited by law 24/7 when out. Sometimes I am lazy and do not carry into the local grocery store.

Recently down in Louisiana it was a real royal pain in the butt. There law is black and white- NO CARRY WHERE ALCOHOL IS SOLD- don't try to elude this as it is against the law. I mean anywhere Liquor/Beer/Wine is sold (anywhere). So I was constantly disarming myself. I really like Gov. Bobby Jindal but it would be nice if this law could be changed.

Sometimes it hard for me to do yard work in 90 degree weather and wear a sidearm, just dont want to get it sweaty or dirty.
TexasLookout
Seasoned Member

Postby mark7mod0 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:25 am

I know, it is selfish of me, but I leave my night stand in the bedroom defenseless when I am awake. The pistol is on me , not on the nightstand!!
mark7mod0
Seasoned Member

Postby G30AndCPX2 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:53 am

Sometimes yes. Sometimes no.

I don't have kids, so I don't have a lot of unnecessary hoops to jump through if I need a gun quickly. And one gun or another tends to be close by wherever I am. I do work from home at least one day a week and I tend to carry all day when I do. I live in a safe, large suburb (one murder in the last three or four years last I checked). But anytime that someone might reasonably expect the house to be empty, I likely have a pistol within arm's reach.
Glock 19 Gen 4
SCCY CPX-2 Gen 2 Carbon Black
Taurus 650 CIA Blued with Hogue Monogrip
Late 60's model Charter Arms Undercover (wife's wheel gun)
G30AndCPX2

Postby Pop's » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:26 am

Yes, I carry at home,,, I'm disabled but I'm to young to die and to old to take a butt whooping, If I'm awake, I'm packing and when in bed it's right beside me.
It's sad that this world has come to this but it is what it is, And I'm gonna make dam sure my family and myself are safe.

Peace My Friends
Pop's
"I'd much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it."
Pop's

Postby getvicious » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:59 am

Pop's wrote:Yes, I carry at home,,, I'm disabled but I'm to young to die and to old to take a butt whooping, If I'm awake, I'm packing and when in bed it's right beside me.
It's sad that this world has come to this but it is what it is, And I'm gonna make dam sure my family and myself are safe.

Peace My Friends
Pop's

Well said. BTW - Howdy and welcome from NC.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby PattonWasRight » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:45 am

Regarding whether the Castle Doctrine applies to your state, most do have strong support for the home owner in a home invasion scenario.

Check yours at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doc ... castle_law

States that have no or limited law:

These states uphold castle doctrine in general, but may rely on case law instead of specific legislation, may enforce a duty to retreat, and may impose specific restrictions on the use of deadly force:

District of Columbia
Nebraska - a bill was introduced in January 2012 that allowed deadly force against a person who broke into a house or occupied vehicle or who tried to kidnap someone from a house or vehicle; however, the bill was revised to include only an affirmative defense from lawsuits pertaining to justifiable use of force.[27]
New Mexico - Limited Castle Doctrine for self-defense inside one's home established by court precedence in State v. Couch (1946). No civil immunity from potential lawsuits by the aggressor or surviving relatives. In 2011, two bills (House Bill 228 and Senate Bill 29) would have granted civil immunity to individuals who lawfully use lethal force in self-defense, both bills died in their respective chambers of the New Mexico Legislature.
South Dakota - "Homicide is justifiable if committed by any person while resisting any attempt to murder such person, or to commit any felony upon him or her, or upon or in any dwelling house in which such person is." See South Dakota Codified Laws 22-16-34 (2005).[28]
Vermont[29]
Just Your Average Jewish Redneck.
PattonWasRight
Seasoned Member

Postby getvicious » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:37 am

Call your Attorney General or DA office. Ask them about the stand your ground laws and how they apply to you. They're the ones who will decide to prosecute you or not if you use your gun against a bad guy.
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby woohog1 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:13 pm

While I have my pants on, my weapon is holstered with a round in the chamber. No need for an external safety, I keep my booger picker off my bang switch.

My wife looks at me like I am an idiot, but last week when the neighbors home was broken into,( during broad daylight) she no longer looks at me that way.

Course it also helps that I have a yappy dog ( wifes choice not mine) that barks when a fly farts...
Semper Fi!
sccy cpx 2 cb cbde
glock 22
s&w model 60
s&w model 28
s&w model 6904
colt defender 1911
RIA 1911m1 1911
woohog1

Postby mi77915 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:49 am

I don't always carry at home, BUT, my handgun is ALWAYS near me. If i'm sitting on the couch watching a show on t.v., my handgun is right next to me. I have heard stories of people breaking into their homes while they are inside!! When I go to bed at night, my handgun is in the nightstand draw.
Last edited by mi77915 on Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
Michigan CPL
NRA Member
mi77915
Seasoned Member

Postby jcwit » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:16 am

I am never more than a second and usually less from a loaded handgun in my home. They are stashed thruout the house. 10 at least.
jcwit
Veteran Member

Postby terryinleesburg » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:55 am

My wife asked me why I carry at home.

I told her: "decepticons"

She laughed.
I laughed.

The toaster laughed.
I shot the toaster.

... never can be too careful!

LOL - Happy Friday everyone!
terryinleesburg

Postby mikeMAGNUM » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:36 am

terryinleesburg wrote:My wife asked me why I carry at home.

I told her: "decepticons"

She laughed.
I laughed.

The toaster laughed.
I shot the toaster.

... never can be too careful!

LOL - Happy Friday everyone!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tell her Toaster ovens are better anyway :wink:
Staying focused.....Always diligently vigilant
mikeMAGNUM
Seasoned Member