Do you carry at home?

Concealed Carry or Open Carry. Here's the place to be for Practical Carry Topics.

Re: Do you carry at home?

Postby sccytoter » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:32 pm

To answer the OP's question, why yes, I do. :)
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby mont974x4 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:43 pm

I carry at home as well.
mont974x4

Postby mikeMAGNUM » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:23 am

I carry at home and everywhere else I can go without detection.
In the past 40 years I have only been without a sidearm a handfull of times( jury duty, courthouse, and airports)
Since I don't like flyin very much and plan on stayin outta trouble with the Law, if my Luck holds out I might make the next 40 with less than another handfull of times bein NAKED.
Staying focused.....Always diligently vigilant
mikeMAGNUM
Seasoned Member

Postby Rev_Biff » Mon May 18, 2015 10:07 am

Genuine Kentucky Colonel, but you don't have to salute.

"We can have a democratic society or we can have the concentration of great wealth in the hands of the few. We cannot have both."
-- Louis Brandeis, Supreme Court Justice 1916-1939
Rev_Biff

Postby apx_31088 » Thu May 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Why would I want to carry at home?
The local newspapers routinely report instances where 2 or more people unexpectedly bust through the door into someone's home to cause mayhem and/or death.
I checked further into this and it was easy to see that 100% of home invasions occur in homes!
Armed with this knowledge, I always carry at home. I always carry away from home, too. Always carrying because it does not make sense to not carry.
apx_31088

Postby Mrbone » Sat May 07, 2016 4:24 pm

I put it on when i wake up and take it off when i go to sleep. Carry everywhere except federally excluded places, which are few in florida. The only time i have to disarm is for 5 mins each morning while i take my kid into school. I put it in the glove box before i go into the school.
Mrbone
Veteran Member

Postby Merc6 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:59 am

Yes I do. You never know what can happen in a split second. My nephew was shot and killed trying to get his gun out of a locked glovebox. He left it in there because of all the gun free zones he was at before(won't derail thread intentionally). He left our side of town taking the same route we all take to go to his home. Not even 8 mins later his car came to rest against a telephone pole and no clue who or why. His home of record is my home of record so we have no clue if it was an intentional hit or initiation.
SCCY CPX-2 CB 9MM
*Talon Rubber Black Grip & Mag Extension
*Polished Barrel
*Oversized Frame Pins

SW1911SC E Series 2- Tone .45 Auto
*Polished Barrel
Merc6
Seasoned Member

Postby p320 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:45 pm

getvicious wrote:I have 5 friends who have all been killed either in their home or in their yard by a "visitor".

My pistol is not always on my hip or in my pocket but a gun is always within easy arm's reach in the house or outside.

What kind of neighborhood do you live in my god

If it's in your sights the time is Right. Long live the Republic.---Ethan
p320

Postby Merc6 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:39 pm

p320 wrote:
getvicious wrote:I have 5 friends who have all been killed either in their home or in their yard by a "visitor".

My pistol is not always on my hip or in my pocket but a gun is always within easy arm's reach in the house or outside.

For me, the city next door is bleeding over into ours because their government is too corrupt to function. Another city is in the middle of assuming theirs it's that bad. Not too far from me is a random shooter who is shooting out car windows as they drive by the elementary school.

I carry both guns and will New York reload if need be.
SCCY CPX-2 CB 9MM
*Talon Rubber Black Grip & Mag Extension
*Polished Barrel
*Oversized Frame Pins

SW1911SC E Series 2- Tone .45 Auto
*Polished Barrel
Merc6
Seasoned Member

Postby wrench459 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:24 pm

Don't have to carry at home.
I've got several weapons of war scattered around the household..for one a 8 inch fillet knife in a corner hiding place. :D
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby getvicious » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:45 pm

p320 wrote:

We don't live in a neighborhood. We live in the country. These events were all in a 25 mile radius around our house and covered about a four year period. Three of the five were domestic violence events (hubby attack wife or boyfriend attack girlfriend). Unfortunately, people don't all choose the best people to share their lives with.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby wrench459 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:24 pm

My home defense system.
Draw bridge
Deep water moat with hungry critters swimming around
Hot oil up high

Then and only after the bad guys crosses that line
( I reserve my right to have a change of mind)

Hot lead and pure copper projectiles.
My point is
It's up to YOU to protect the castle.
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby fla-gypsy » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:05 am

I keep something handy at home
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
fla-gypsy
Forum Regular

Postby xpoqx » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:44 am

I take issue with the amount of people who said they don't carry at home because they stash weapons around the house. My problem isn't with you not carrying in your own home, my problem is that you have potentially left a number of unsecured firearms in your house. Real criminals do their fucking homework, they will watch your house and figure out your timetables to know when they have the best chance to go inside and take your things. Dude is going to hit you when you're at work. When you're going to be gone for an extended period of time so he can take his sweet ass time ransacking your house, and for all you people who potentially left unsecured firearms strew about in your house in "stash spots" this dude just came up on multiple firearms. He's going to take them even if they have trigger locks and shit on him because he has all day to bust those off once he's at home. Dude just came up on multiple firearms.

Two maybe three years ago in a neighboring town to mine there was an instance where some criminals broke into a house and made off with a number of firearms. Something to the order of 9 to 12 because the owner negligently stored the firearms in an unsecured locations about the house. A large caliber pistol, an AR15, replica tommygun, some shotguns and high powered hunting rifles. Luckily the police caught the thieves by blind luck, serving a drug related search warrant. They happened stumble upon the proceeds of residential burglary ring. These dudes had been robbing houses for quite sometime. They managed to recover some of the stolen firearms but not all of them, I imagine a number of them had already been sold by the time the police served the search warrant. That is why all of my firearms are always secured when I am not using them.

I digress though, I carry off body at home strictly due to comfortabilty factor. It's way more comfortable for me to sit on the couch and lay about the house without my iron digging into my hip/thigh/leg. If I change rooms or anything the pistol moves with me, because I'd rather be able to just reach for it on the table then have to go retrieve it from somewhere.
xpoqx

Postby Lefty Red » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:28 am

xpoqx wrote:I take issue with the amount of people who said they don't carry at home because they stash weapons around the house. My problem isn't with you not carrying in your own home, my problem is that you have potentially left a number of unsecured firearms in your house. Real criminals do their fucking homework, they will watch your house and figure out your timetables to know when they have the best chance to go inside and take your things. Dude is going to hit you when you're at work. When you're going to be gone for an extended period of time so he can take his sweet ass time ransacking your house, and for all you people who potentially left unsecured firearms strew about in your house in "stash spots" this dude just came up on multiple firearms. He's going to take them even if they have trigger locks and shit on him because he has all day to bust those off once he's at home. Dude just came up on multiple firearms.

Two maybe three years ago in a neighboring town to mine there was an instance where some criminals broke into a house and made off with a number of firearms. Something to the order of 9 to 12 because the owner negligently stored the firearms in an unsecured locations about the house. A large caliber pistol, an AR15, replica tommygun, some shotguns and high powered hunting rifles. Luckily the police caught the thieves by blind luck, serving a drug related search warrant. They happened stumble upon the proceeds of residential burglary ring. These dudes had been robbing houses for quite sometime. They managed to recover some of the stolen firearms but not all of them, I imagine a number of them had already been sold by the time the police served the search warrant. That is why all of my firearms are always secured when I am not using them.

I digress though, I carry off body at home strictly due to comfortabilty factor. It's way more comfortable for me to sit on the couch and lay about the house without my iron digging into my hip/thigh/leg. If I change rooms or anything the pistol moves with me, because I'd rather be able to just reach for it on the table then have to go retrieve it from somewhere.

I understand what you are saying but listen to this........coworker lives in a house in the country. Goes on a court writ to Chicago and has to leave early and will be gone late. His home was broken into and two HUGE safes, THAT WAS BOLTED TO THE FLOOR AND WALLS, was cut out and slid outside on bed spreads and taken. So if they want it, they will take it.

Lefty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lefty Red
Forum Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Carry