Target Bans Guns

Concealed Carry or Open Carry. Here's the place to be for Practical Carry Topics.

Re: Target Bans Guns

Postby madmax » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:57 am

Here is my take, I believe that business have the right to decide if you bring a gun into their store or not. I also believe that I as a consumer have the right to give them business or not. If they don't want you to bring in your guns then don't. You decide if you want to give them your money or not. My .02 cent have a great day.
Max
USCG Ret.
madmax
Veteran Member

Postby wildsailor » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:05 am

madmax wrote:Here is my take, I believe that business have the right to decide if you bring a gun into their store or not. I also believe that I as a consumer have the right to give them business or not. If they don't want you to bring in your guns then don't. You decide if you want to give them your money or not. My .02 cent have a great day.

I personally do not care what they do and I am not about to propose a ban or a protest....it is not about 2nd ammendment rights when dealing with private property. My concern is that posting this on the door makes the establishment unsafe. I have no idea what the likelihood of an armed assailent entering the place is but I have not heard of a mass shooting that was not at a place so marked yet. Schools, theaters, shopping malls, Army bases...all have been marked 'gun free.' I do not even carry all the time but even if I am not I will avoid a place that says 'come on in you are safe to shoot people in here because they are unarmed.'
regards,
Dan
SE Michigan
Ruger SR22P
SCCY CPX-2-B
SCCY CPX-1-TT
Sig P238 380 mini
wildsailor
Forum Regular

Postby getvicious » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:54 am

wildsailor wrote:Panera Bread has now fallen to the pressures of the Mom's Demand group making a statement to leave your guns at home on Monday 8-Sep-2014.

Here's an article from NBCNews: "Panera Bread Asks Customers to Leave the Guns at Home"
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/panera-bread-asks-customers-leave-guns-home-n198316

The article states:
Panera plans to continue to follow state and local laws regarding firearm policy. The chain also won't ask employees to enforce the new request or place signs about it in its restaurants.

Here (NC) I can Conceal Carry at places like Panera Bread unless they post a sign at the entrance (IAW State Law).

No sign - No ban on guns. I follow the same law Panera Bread has to follow.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby sheepfarmer » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:46 pm

parkerd wrote:Kind of ironic that a store named "target" can't be gun friendly.

Aint it the truth.
sheepfarmer

Postby sccytoter » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:09 pm

Moderator, I like how you made your point above. Some forums I am on, they act like they are some kind of "key board commandos". Thanks for being thorough and explaining why you do something. Secondly, I carry concealed and very low key...so if there is a "no guns allowed" sign up, they would know no different. I would rather be inconspicuous, than dead if some clown rolled up in there and started shooting up the place. This is just my personal way of handling those things...not trying to tell people they should do that too.
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby bubbinator » Tue May 30, 2017 1:27 am

Do bad things to Target with linear spiral attachment devices ! They ban guns but not "gender-indecisive" men who are allowed to use the ladies restrooms! We no longer patronize them.
bubbinator

Postby sccytoter » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:19 pm

bubbinator wrote:Do bad things to Target with linear spiral attachment devices ! They ban guns but not "gender-indecisive" men who are allowed to use the ladies restrooms! We no longer patronize them.

There are no gun buster signs up at the Target we go to at times.
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby WoodLark » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:55 pm

Target has been anti-gun for years. Since I never shop there, I really could care less.
Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!
WoodLark

Previous

Return to Carry