Carry in Stores

Concealed Carry or Open Carry. Here's the place to be for Practical Carry Topics.

Carry in Stores

Postby madmax » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:52 am

I believe it is the prerogative of the store if they want people to open carry in their store or not. Nothing was said about concealed carry and now that most states allow concealed carry if you choose to carry go get your permit. It is no different if you went to a friends or families home and they ask you not to carry would you leave or put the gun away? The choice is yours, have a great day.
Max
USCG Ret.
madmax
Veteran Member

Re: Carry in Stores

Postby HAMBONE » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:02 am

madmax wrote:I believe it is the prerogative of the store if they want people to open carry in their store or not. Nothing was said about concealed carry and now that most states allow concealed carry if you choose to carry go get your permit. It is no different if you went to a friends or families home and they ask you not to carry would you leave or put the gun away? The choice is yours, have a great day.

What are you talking about? Which store? Plenty has been said about ccw in stores. Many don't want either. Plenty of people don't want to have to jump through hoops to get a permit either so why shouldn't they be able to carry openly?
HAMBONE
Veteran Member

Postby wknight40 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:01 pm

In some states you have to have a CCW in order to open carry. I prefer concealed, as has been mentioned by many, if concealed you do not know I have it. If you do not know I have it there is nothing you can say or do about it. When you do see it, something bad is happening and I feel it is time I must defend my life with deadly force.
wknight40
Veteran Member

Postby sccytoter » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:03 pm

wknight40 wrote:In some states you have to have a CCW in order to open carry. I prefer concealed, as has been mentioned by many, if concealed you do not know I have it. If you do not know I have it there is nothing you can say or do about it. When you do see it, something bad is happening and I feel it is time I must defend my life with deadly force.
That is how it is here in Indiana. Open carry is allowed, as long as you have a permit. I prefer to CC...less drama. :wink:
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby WEdwards » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:25 pm

I live in a open carry state, but always CC. I have a permit. Nobody will see it unless I want them to, so I see no problem there. As for visiting a friend who asks that no firearms be brought into their residence, I will not carry and respect their wishes.
Wilburn (Will) Edwards
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
http://wingincamera.zenfolio.com/
WEdwards
Forum Regular

Postby babsc01 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:28 pm

WEdwards wrote:I live in a open carry state, but always CC. I have a permit. Nobody will see it unless I want them to, so I see no problem there.

Same is true with me here in Mississippi. My wife and I both have the MS Enhanced Carry permit, which allows for legal carry in more places than with a regular permit. However, CC is the way to go, especially when carrying in uber-public places. You don't want to make yourself a first target if you're open-carrying and the perp sees that.
Smith & Wesson SD9 VE
SCCY CPX-2 Gen 2
Hi-Point JCP .40 S&W
Kahr CW9 (wifey's carry)
Ruger SR22
Remington 597 .22LR Rifle
Stevens Model 320 Security 12-gauge Shotgun
babsc01
Seasoned Member

Postby jcwit » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:05 pm

In Indiana you need a "License" to carry.

I prefer to carry concealed, however there are times in the spring & fall when it becomes uncomfortable, and I like my comfort.

I have never experienced any noticeable difference among how folks treated me or even their supposedly stares, which were absent.

As far as being the "first victim", the fact one is carrying one should be ever more watchful to ones surroundings.

With the above said, it is the owners prerogative as to whether one can carry either openly or concealed on their property.
jcwit
Veteran Member

Postby sccytoter » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:45 pm

jcwit wrote:In Indiana you need a "License" to carry.

I prefer to carry concealed, however there are times in the spring & fall when it becomes uncomfortable, and I like my comfort.

I have never experienced any noticeable difference among how folks treated me or even their supposedly stares, which were absent.

As far as being the "first victim", the fact one is carrying one should be ever more watchful to ones surroundings.

With the above said, it is the owners prerogative as to whether one can carry either openly or concealed on their property.
Yeah. Our permits say "Licence to carry a handgun", not "License to carry a concealed handgun". My Utah non-resident says concealed though.
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby VAPREACHER » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:31 pm

I used to carry a P-11 on a belt clip. Went to the local Dollar store for something. Place was very busy & while I was in the checkout line the belf clip broke & my P-11 came squirtin out my pants leg freaking out all the old ladies in the area! After that the P-11 lived in a Tauga leather IWB holster.
VAPREACHER

Return to Carry