HOW OFTEN DO YOU CARRY? (dah... you know, a pistol)

Concealed Carry or Open Carry. Here's the place to be for Practical Carry Topics.

Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU CARRY? (dah... you know, a pistol)

Postby sccytoter » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:29 pm

All the time, where legal.
Last edited by sccytoter on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby SccyPilot » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:05 pm

Carry 24/7/365, well except between showers and sex!
SccyPilot

Postby getvicious » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:12 pm

SccyPilot wrote:Carry 24/7/365, well except between showers and sex!

Ha - perfect! 8)
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby jcwit » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:55 pm

To those that claim to carry "all the time", do you ever enter a U.S. Government building, ie: Post Office, VA Clinic or Hospital, or State Governments buildings such as the license bureau, Court House, etc., how bout School House or anywhere on the Campus.

Just a thought, if caught, besides the cost of your defense and court costs, it's likely you would lose your right to carry for the rest of your lifetime.

I know, I know it's a "right", but we all know that the courts reserve that permission to us having that right. This discussion is for another thread. :D
jcwit
Veteran Member

Postby mi77915 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:20 am

mi77915 wrote:I carry whenever I leave the house and everyplace I can legally....

Government building (court house, post office.....etc) are off limits... I carry everywhere I can legally. Check with your particular state to see where it is legal and where it is not..... It is the gun owners responsibility to know these laws....
Tom
Michigan CPL
NRA Member
mi77915
Seasoned Member

Postby NManjarCC » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:28 am

Even if not completely legal I carry everywhere that there are not metal detectors or a large contingent of police officers. If I am caught I accept the consequences.
NManjarCC

Postby thewillweeks » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:47 pm

I carry "everywhere", and if guns aren't welcome I generally avoid such places. I do take it off though if I have to go somewhere, like an airport, just to many concerns there.
thewillweeks

Postby mikeMAGNUM » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:54 am

Simple answer....

ALLWAYS and EVERYWHERE....if able to do so undetected.
Staying focused.....Always diligently vigilant
mikeMAGNUM
Seasoned Member

Postby mogunner » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:44 pm

Always and everywhere. I don't go places where I can't. If there's business that needs to be conducted in such a place I sit in the car and have the wife run in and take care of it.
mogunner

Postby sccytoter » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:22 pm

jcwit wrote:To those that claim to carry "all the time", do you ever enter a U.S. Government building, ie: Post Office, VA Clinic or Hospital, or State Governments buildings such as the license bureau, Court House, etc., how bout School House or anywhere on the Campus.

Just a thought, if caught, besides the cost of your defense and court costs, it's likely you would lose your right to carry for the rest of your lifetime.

I know, I know it's a "right", but we all know that the courts reserve that permission to us having that right. This discussion is for another thread. :D

Of course, but I just thought that was a "given" here. So, to correct myself for the purist out there, I carry all the time, except where I legally cannot.
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby baxter513 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:01 am

I bring it into the post office. Plenty of people get mugged when carrying a package. As long as there is no metal detectors I carry. Including the hospital and the airport (If I am just picking somebody up or dropping them off)
baxter513

Postby sccytoter » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:52 pm

baxter513 wrote:I bring it into the post office. Plenty of people get mugged when carrying a package. As long as there is no metal detectors I carry. Including the hospital and the airport (If I am just picking somebody up or dropping them off)
Yeah, I tend to be that way also. The only exception is in some type of governmental building, where they have "no carry" laws in place.
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby baxter513 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:51 pm

Yeah. I figure you are not likely to get frisked at the post office and there is a significant danger at the post office, plenty of muggings in the parking lot of the post office. ANd I always carry at the bank too. Its gettig harder and harder. I went to an Opera and there was a METAL DETECTOR! I had to do the about face and go back to my car, had to lie to my date that I left "my wallet" in the car.
baxter513

Postby baxter513 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:54 pm

More and more metal detectors popping up. Especially with that Paris mass shooting. The anti-gun lobby really "rode that wave" to get more and more metal detectors placed after that incident.

Best I can do then is a plastic Kubaton
baxter513

Postby p320 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:21 pm

Every where but gov buildings. Usually they have security, but my gun is still in my car

If it's in your sights the time is Right. Long live the Republic.---Ethan
p320

PreviousNext

Return to Carry