Methods of carry and clothing type

Concealed Carry or Open Carry. Here's the place to be for Practical Carry Topics.

Re: Methods of carry and clothing type

Postby sccytoter » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:36 pm

Whitebear620 wrote:I just switched to appendix carry.
I think I've been conceal carrying for 3 or 4 years now, mostly in my Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 (originally with my Ruger SR22 and then my SCCY CPX-1) at about the 8 o'clock position (southpaw). My daily wear is usually cargo pants plus an undershirt with a T-shirt or polo/button up for work. One thing that always got me is having to make double sure my shirt didn't ride up too much throughout the day and expose my pistol, open carry is generally not allowed in FL so exposure could be very bad. My wife is also pregnant with our first child, so I know when they come I will probably be bending and squatting more.
So I decided to give appendix carry a try with a minimalist Kydex holster around the 11:30 position. I'm about 5'8 with a 38 inch waist, not a chunky guy but not a slim guy. I'm loving this carry method so far, yes there's pressure on my waist but there's no pain, pistol is well concealed with a little printing under a T-shirt (this will go away when I lose more weight). I still have my Cloak Tuck 3.0 for if I need to tuck my shirt in as my appendix holster isn't tuckable.
Hats off to you Whitebear, because appendix carry scares the bejesus out of my "stuff". I guess some people like it, but I don't want to shoot off the "huevos"! Lol. :lol:
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby xpoqx » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:11 am

Appendix almosy all day every everyday, I'm long tall and lanky and can easily conceal either of my my pistols under a loose fitting t-shirt in warmer weather. I'm usually wearing a hoodie too, so there is and extra layer of cover garment to hide any printing. I pretty much only wear darker colors, (personal preference, no real particular reason) so that is an additional layer of cover in that things that are darker more effecitenly obscure the lines of the gun. I will carry strong side, like 3 o'clock-3:30 sometimes too, with a zip up hoodie or in the event that have to dress formally. In which case a button up suit jacket/sport coat is sufficient.
xpoqx

Postby Lefty Red » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:45 am

sccytoter wrote:
Whitebear620 wrote:I just switched to appendix carry.
I think I've been conceal carrying for 3 or 4 years now, mostly in my Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 (originally with my Ruger SR22 and then my SCCY CPX-1) at about the 8 o'clock position (southpaw). My daily wear is usually cargo pants plus an undershirt with a T-shirt or polo/button up for work. One thing that always got me is having to make double sure my shirt didn't ride up too much throughout the day and expose my pistol, open carry is generally not allowed in FL so exposure could be very bad. My wife is also pregnant with our first child, so I know when they come I will probably be bending and squatting more.
So I decided to give appendix carry a try with a minimalist Kydex holster around the 11:30 position. I'm about 5'8 with a 38 inch waist, not a chunky guy but not a slim guy. I'm loving this carry method so far, yes there's pressure on my waist but there's no pain, pistol is well concealed with a little printing under a T-shirt (this will go away when I lose more weight). I still have my Cloak Tuck 3.0 for if I need to tuck my shirt in as my appendix holster isn't tuckable.
Hats off to you Whitebear, because appendix carry scares the bejesus out of my "stuff". I guess some people like it, but I don't want to shoot off the "huevos"! Lol. :lol:

LOL, me too!
But really thinking of trying he appendix style, even with the Tactical Muffin Top. :)
Semis like the SCCY and a snub noses conceal better, IMHO and safer than striker fire weapons, with fewer clothes this way.
But now I have been switching over to IWB for larger weapons, but prefer OWB when I can. I also pocket carry more when I carry 380s or 38SP.

Lefty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lefty Red
Forum Regular

Postby Ridinbear » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:36 am

Since buying the CPX2 I have found carrying in Nemesis holster front pocket is great. I used to have a Glock26 but didn't realize how much heavier it was in my pocket. Sometimes I can use the Nemesis iwb. These methods just about cover my needs even in hot weather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ridinbear

Previous

Return to Carry