Ankle carry

Concealed Carry or Open Carry. Here's the place to be for Practical Carry Topics.

Ankle carry

Postby thewillweeks » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:06 pm

Does anyone know a good SCCY compatible ankle carry holster? I searched and couldn't find anything, please forgive me if I missed it.
thewillweeks

Re: Ankle carry

Postby getvicious » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:36 am

I've seen ankle holsters listed as SCCY CPX compatible on eBay but have never used any.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby thewillweeks » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:21 am

Bummer. In your experience if it's marked SCCY compatible is it really or it just close? (i.e. another gun's holster rebranded for SCCY) That goes for any holster obviously, not just the ankle carry ones.
thewillweeks

Postby dlb » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:53 am

You bring up a decent point- some are better fits than others. And I really dislike most generic ones.

But if you see something for the KelTec you can be pretty sure the SCCY will also fit
=================
Dave
Volusia Co. FL

current:
CPX-2 Black

previous:
Beretta 92-FS
Walther PPK-S
dlb
Veteran Member

Postby getvicious » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:29 pm

thewillweeks wrote:Bummer. In your experience if it's marked SCCY compatible is it really or it just close? (i.e. another gun's holster rebranded for SCCY) That goes for any holster obviously, not just the ankle carry ones.

That is a darn fine question. I've got about 5 different holsters off eBay that said they were for a specific handgun or said they would fit (CPX, 2 JA pistols & FireStorm). They've all fit just fine, I've never had anything but good luck with the holsters I've got off eBay. I like the nylon and pocket holsters. I'm not into the plastic holsters and just haven't needed a leather one. I mostly pocket carry.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby thewillweeks » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:24 pm

dlb wrote:You bring up a decent point- some are better fits than others. And I really dislike most generic ones.

But if you see something for the KelTec you can be pretty sure the SCCY will also fit

Thanks for the tip on the KelTec holsters. I'll have to check in to that.
thewillweeks

Postby Sccysthelimit » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:43 pm

And if I'm not mistaken you want the ones that say they fit the Kel Tec 11 not the 9.
Sccysthelimit

Postby Mrbone » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:48 pm

I have purchased holsters for the p-11 and they fit my sccy.
Mrbone
Veteran Member

Return to Carry