Pocket Carry

Concealed Carry or Open Carry. Here's the place to be for Practical Carry Topics.

Re: Pocket Carry

Postby getvicious » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:18 pm

Gottasmilealot wrote:I was going to purchase a CPX for pocket carry, but it's just too big (thick) to conceal the way I'd like to. I hope the CPX-3 will be better in that regard.

I believe the CPX-3 will be virtually the same size as the CPX-1 / 2. Maybe slightly less long (like .0125 inch) but the same width. The word a while ago was it would share some pieces like the magazine. It's not going to be a micro pistol like a P3AT or LCP.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby Renaldow » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:58 pm

I do occasional jacket pocket carry or cargo pocket carry, and I'll use DeSantis Nemesis or Superfly for the SCCY. Works great. I've used an inexpensive Uncle Mike's type of pocket holster, and while they work, they don't help with printing at all. To help with that, I went to a fabric store and spent $1.50 on a 12"x12" panel of gray felt. I can fold it into various sizes and use it as a way to cover the printing. Works pretty well. I've even used those panels to make custom pocket type holsters for pants, messenger bags, etc.
Renaldow

Postby sccytoter » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:42 pm

I carry my CPX's OWB now...it is a small enough gun that there is no printing issues.
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby fla-gypsy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:03 pm

I pocket carry often
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
fla-gypsy
Forum Regular

Postby Pony Soldier » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:08 pm

Has anyone seen, or have an opinion about, the New Hampshire state decision that "The 2nd Amendment Is Your Right To Carry". Residents are no longer required to obtain a 'Conceal Carry Permit' in that state.
Pony Soldier
Seasoned Member

Postby getvicious » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:03 pm

Pony Soldier wrote:Has anyone seen, or have an opinion about, the New Hampshire state decision that "The 2nd Amendment Is Your Right To Carry". Residents are no longer required to obtain a 'Conceal Carry Permit' in that state.

I like the idea of Constitutional Carry.

Here's some info on New Hampshire and in general.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/item/25463-new-hampshire-the-12th-state-to-allow-constitutional-carry
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/444212/constitutional-carry-states-adopting
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Previous

Return to Carry