Gun stolen from customer at Walmart

Concealed Carry or Open Carry. Here's the place to be for Practical Carry Topics.

Gun stolen from customer at Walmart

Postby HootmonSccy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:51 pm

What are your thoughts?

Article
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Re: Gun stolen from customer at Walmart

Postby mkiker2089 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:21 pm

The victim kind of asked for it. No holster, not hidden, not even in front of him? Really?

This guy needs his carry permit revoked.
mkiker2089
Seasoned Member

Postby getvicious » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:34 pm

Sad and scary - The bad guy stole a gun.

And the owner? Dumb, and very lucky not to be shot with his own gun or at least badly beaten.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby mkiker2089 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:03 pm

I'm not usually in favor of gun control but perhaps people need more classes before leaving home.

In NC anyone can own a gun but to carry it concealed you need an 8 hour class about proper handling of it. I think that's fair and if this person went through the class he missed some valuable pointers. That's part of where the gun control debate breaks down also. Open carry states and those with no restriction on concealed carry are going too far because you are putting guns in untrained hands.
mkiker2089
Seasoned Member

Postby HootmonSccy » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:57 am

parkerd wrote:Agree with that concern. The state of concealed carry classes is embarrassing and borders on dangerous. In too many states people watch a video and take a few shots on a target and then think they are Rambo vigilantes. If gun owners/carriers want to be taken seriously they needed to be effectively trained in all the various elements of concealed carry.

To Your Point Parkerd...
I just saw this on GearHog.com

$35 for an Multi-State Concealed Carry Training Course (According to the Laws in Your State)

$35.00
BUY

value
discount
you save

$59.99
$24.99
42%

Time Left

01:20:11:10

product
Deal Overview
With a hassle-free virtual course, Online Carry Training lets people meet the requirements they need to apply for their permit to carry or concealed-carry weapons permit without leaving their computer. The 45- to 60-minute course emphasizes educated, responsible gun ownership, familiarizing students with the ins and outs of gun safety and shooting basics. The online course is possible because of the laws governing the 34 states it covers: from Alabama to Wyoming, each state allows permit applicants to be trained in firearms safety without once firing a handgun. Upon completing the course, students are free to apply for the permit of their choice according to the laws in their state. Most states will utilize the Virginia Non-Resident permit to maintain reciprocity.

This course lets you apply for a Virginia Non-Resident Carry permit that is accepted in the following states.

• Alabama
• Alaska
• Arizona
• Arkansas
• Idaho
• Iowa
• Kentucky
• Mississippi
• Missouri
• Montana
• New Mexico
• North Carolina
• North Dakota
• Oklahoma
• Oregon
• Pennsylvania
• Utah
• Vermont
• Virginia
• West Virginia
• Wyoming
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby punisher83 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:01 pm

I open carry in a holster with a thumb break. I keep it at about 3:30, or where my elbow can feel it. Always be aware of your surroundings. I have also trained for the off chance that someone does go for my gun. They'd be lucky to get away without at least a broken wrist.
punisher83
Forum Regular

Return to Carry