CCW

Concealed Carry or Open Carry. Here's the place to be for Practical Carry Topics.

CCW

Postby punisher83 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:46 am

Has anyone taken a CCW class? And is the license fee due when you complete the class, or when you file the paperwork? I haven't had one in a long time, and with more places that I go to regularly now telling me I can't bring it in, and with winter coming, I need a CCW. I wanna get the class out of the way, but can't afford the class and license fee at the same time.
punisher83
Forum Regular

Re: CCW

Postby getvicious » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:50 pm

punisher83 - Check out the info on the USA Carry site. Use it as a starting point to research the state gun laws and CCW where you live.

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_information.html

Generally you must prepay for any class. Classes run a wide range of prices. Some classes may include a permit application. Most are separate and you must do the permit yourself after you've taken the class. Some places are fast to issue a permit, some are not. Some do not require a permit at all. Some are next to impossible to get a permit from.

All states are different and sometimes even counties are different. Do your research.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby arcus10mm » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:07 pm

arcus10mm
Veteran Member

Postby punisher83 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:59 pm

I know the laws, and I'm willing to take a $25 misdemeanor to legally conceal in a theater if it saves my life when I need it.

I have spoken to the person conducting the class, and I have one year after the class to file paperwork, and pay the fee at that time.
punisher83
Forum Regular

Postby getvicious » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:11 am

punisher83 wrote:I know the laws, and I'm willing to take a $25 misdemeanor to legally conceal in a theater if it saves my life when I need it.

I have spoken to the person conducting the class, and I have one year after the class to file paperwork, and pay the fee at that time.

Sounds like you answered your own question. After you take the class then you have a year to apply for the CCW.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby punisher83 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:14 am

Yeah. Yesterday when I posted this, I couldn't get ahold of anyone.
punisher83
Forum Regular

Postby getvicious » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:14 am

punisher83 - What state are you in? You may be able to open carry without a CCW. Typically, if you carry concealed without a CCW permit you violate state law. Not everywhere, of course, there are places like WY with "Constitutional Carry" but those states are a small number so far.
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby sccytoter » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:34 pm

I did not have to take a class to get an Indiana resident permit, but to get my Utah non-resident I did. I had to pay the fee, when I sent out my paperwork.
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Return to Carry