CHANGES TO VIRGINIA CARRY FEB 2016

Concealed Carry or Open Carry. Here's the place to be for Practical Carry Topics.

CHANGES TO VIRGINIA CARRY FEB 2016

Postby HootmonSccy » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:56 pm

Because of stronger back ground checks, Virginia is ending it's reciprocity for Conceal Carry with 25 states in February.

Keep this in mind as you travel..

ARTICLE
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Re: CHANGES TO VIRGINIA CARRY FEB 2016

Postby Pony Soldier » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:50 pm

According to a report in the Washington Post this morning, Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring, a Democrat, will unilaterally end the state's long held concealed carry reciprocity agreements with 25 states. The move comes shortly before anti-gun zealot and Michael Bloomberg backed Governor Terry McAuliffe leaves office. The agreements are reportedly being severed with states deemed to have "weaker" concealed carry requirements as compared to Virginia. Specific details about what provisions in other states qualify as weaker have not been provided.
Pony Soldier
Seasoned Member

Postby getvicious » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:24 am

Severing reciprocity with states “deemed to have "weaker" concealed carry requirements as compared to Virginia.” Now that’s funny since VA will issue someone a CC permit who is not a VA resident and who does not live in VA.

This is the statement that tells the real reason: “To me, this is a commonsense step…”

This statement shows that the Attorney General is in the pocket of both President Obama and billionaire Michael Bloomberg’s anti 2nd Amendment group: “Mayors Against Illegal Guns” That group’s real purpose is to remove guns from law abiding citizens.

Why do I say that? Listen to the President - every time he tries to change any gun law it's always a "common sense" approach, or step or change. "Common sense" is the buzz word used by the administration and the President's advisers and supporters.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby sccytoter » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:30 pm

getvicious wrote:Severing reciprocity with states “deemed to have "weaker" concealed carry requirements as compared to Virginia.” Now that’s funny since VA will issue someone a CC permit who is not a VA resident and who does not live in VA.

This is the statement that tells the real reason: “To me, this is a commonsense step…”

This statement shows that the Attorney General is in the pocket of both President Obama and billionaire Michael Bloomberg’s anti 2nd Amendment group: “Mayors Against Illegal Guns” That group’s real purpose is to remove guns from law abiding citizens.

Why do I say that? Listen to the President - every time he tries to change any gun law it's always a "common sense" approach, or step or change. "Common sense" is the buzz word used by the administration and the President's advisers and supporters.

These SOB's are just moving the "ball" forward another 5 yards...I hate them all. :x
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby toymachine » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:49 pm

"Made in the USA" isn't good enough anymore, what state? New Jersey- I'd rather buy from China. Going to have to think long and hard before I buy goods from Virginia again. "...the right of the people to KEEP and BEAR arms shall not be infringed."
toymachine
Seasoned Member

Postby stretch72 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:12 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/vi ... story.html

Score one for the good guys.
Va. will again recognize concealed-carry permits from other states
stretch72

Postby stretch72 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:08 pm

Just received a letter from my Rep in the VA House of Delegates. They have reached an agreement to not only restore reciprocity, but to expand it to all 50 states. Bills to codify this compromise are making their way through the legislature.
stretch72

Postby VAPREACHER » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:43 pm

stretch72 wrote:Just received a letter from my Rep in the VA House of Delegates. They have reached an agreement to not only restore reciprocity, but to expand it to all 50 states. Bills to codify this compromise are making their way through the legislature.

We have a moron for a Governor & Atty. General or we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
VAPREACHER

Return to Carry