Possible Consequences

Concealed Carry or Open Carry. Here's the place to be for Practical Carry Topics.

Possible Consequences

Postby HootmonSccy » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:46 am

Lethal Force is not joke..
Just ask this guy
Article
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Re: Possible Consequences

Postby tom47 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:17 pm

We never know when or where our lethal force may be called upon. We just do the best we can and hope for a good outcome.
It would be nice to be able to train for ALL circumstances, especially the one that may happen to us.
USAF
1965 to 1968
Takhli RTAFB
tom47
Forum Regular

Postby HootmonSccy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:38 am

tom47 wrote:We never know when or where our lethal force may be called upon. We just do the best we can and hope for a good outcome.
It would be nice to be able to train for ALL circumstances, especially the one that may happen to us.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby rogertc1 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:12 pm

A local HIGH DOLLAR defense attorney came to our gun club's monthly meeting and gave a presentation on such matters. Here are just a few things he said:

1. The first person that calls 911 is called the VICTIM, even if no shooting was involved. You want that title. A white-collar friend recently had to draw down on "Homie d'Clown" out on Riverside Drive. Homie cursed and drove away when he saw white-boy was packing and drove away. A couple of miles down the road, white-boy got boxed in by 4 Tulsa police cars and he got to learn what a "felony stop" was because Homie dumped his 'gat' and then called 911 first. White boy got a broken shoulder with plates, screws, and pins because some overzealous rookie decided to side-tackle a 60+ year old white boy AFTER he was already complying and kneeling on the pavement (...and wondering WTF he was being pulled over.) White-boy got off the charges AFTER spending $30k on lawyer bills out of his retirement account and he got to work another 2-3 years past his retirement plan to replace it. Homie, who also had a previous SWIK charge, didn't pay a dime.

2. WHEN the cops show up, let your wife/husband do all the talking. They can't be forced to testify against you later in court. The only words you say without a lawyer are, "I was never so in fear for my life..." and nothing more.

3. If pressed to give a statement, tell police "Just to keep this straight, I'm going to have to wait until my attorney gets here." If they persist further tell them, Look boys, no disrespect but you've got the District Attorney and I've got MY attorney. We can wait until he/she gets here. (BTW: Most FOP union contracts demand at least 24 hours WITH opportunity for 8 hours of sleep before A POLICE OFFICER gives a shooting statement AND EVEN THEN WITH AN ATTORNEY PRESENT. If the cops demand it, you should too!)

4. DON'T call your brother-in-law just because he's a real estate/probate attorney. Get a criminal lawyer
I HAVE MORE GUNS THAN YOU.
rogertc1
Premium Member

Postby HootmonSccy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:13 pm

Roger - I can't argue with any of that.. This is what I've seen...

Be the one to call 911 (as your post states)
Officer, this person attacked me. (Officer - I am the victim, (point) that person attacked me and I was in fear for my life!
I will sign the complaint.
Here is the evidence (whatever tool the assailant used to attack you). (Evidence disappears, so point out any shell casings and other evidence.. Example - Shooting happens in a gas
station - It only takes one car to roll through to pick up (with a tire) an empty shell casing that is laying on the ground.. No shell casing, can't prove it ever existed)
These are the witnesses (if there are any).
You will have my full cooperation within 24 hours after I meet with my attorney. Until then, I wish to assert my 5th Amendment right and remain silent. (then STFU!)
Ben Franklin
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby tom47 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:19 pm

Wow, lots to remember in the heat of the moment. I'm not a stutterer yet, but can see myself becoming one during questioning.

How about let's invite some off duty cops and off duty criminals to make our training scenarios more realistic. Could be fun and exciting! :lol:

All pun aside, thanks for the educational posts.
USAF
1965 to 1968
Takhli RTAFB
tom47
Forum Regular

Return to Carry