Conceal carry has made me very unlikely to ever have to shoo

Concealed Carry or Open Carry. Here's the place to be for Practical Carry Topics.

Conceal carry has made me very unlikely to ever have to shoo

Postby baxter513 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:23 pm

Conceal carry has made me very unlikely to ever have to shoot a person.

Carrying a pistol changes your mindset. It brings a new level of hyper-awareness. You proactively avoid situations that would result in you having to fight.

If I go to a petrol station at night and see a hooded creep hanging out in front I just drive away and find a different station. And when I find myself in a high crime area I do not have my nose buried in a smartphone. I am looking around, always aware. I see the creeps when they are walking towards me in the parking lot. And they know I see them and that I noticed them. I have a demeanor not of a victim or a lamb.

Most crooks are looking for a soft mark. They want a doormat that will roll over and give them their wallet. They want to ambush and use the element of suprise. I dont give off the vibe of a soft mark. I am "ready" and they know it. So they walk by and keep walking.

10 years ago I owned no firearms or weapons. ANd I got jumped 3 different times. But not anymore.

The CCW lifestyle changes things. If I am cut off in traffic I dont blast the horn or stick a middle finger out the window. I just keep driving, its not worth it to get into a showdown over a traffic infraction. I am carrying a deadly weapon and that brings with it a tremendous responsibility.

These are my observations. THat carrying a CCW will make it highly unlikely that you will ever be in a "showdown" in the first place. We actively look for every opportunity to avoid it. We are calm, cool-headed and respectful.

It is the exact opposite of what Liberals accuse us of, that we are Dirty Harrys looking for a creep to "teach him a lesson" like in the Death Wish movies.
baxter513

Re: Conceal carry has made me very unlikely to ever have to

Postby Lefty Red » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:17 am

Well stated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lefty Red
Forum Regular

Postby HootmonSccy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:48 pm

An Armed society is a polite society.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby sccytoter » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:38 pm

baxter513 wrote:Conceal carry has made me very unlikely to ever have to shoot a person.

Carrying a pistol changes your mindset. It brings a new level of hyper-awareness. You proactively avoid situations that would result in you having to fight.

If I go to a petrol station at night and see a hooded creep hanging out in front I just drive away and find a different station. And when I find myself in a high crime area I do not have my nose buried in a smartphone. I am looking around, always aware. I see the creeps when they are walking towards me in the parking lot. And they know I see them and that I noticed them. I have a demeanor not of a victim or a lamb.

Most crooks are looking for a soft mark. They want a doormat that will roll over and give them their wallet. They want to ambush and use the element of suprise. I dont give off the vibe of a soft mark. I am "ready" and they know it. So they walk by and keep walking.

10 years ago I owned no firearms or weapons. ANd I got jumped 3 different times. But not anymore.

The CCW lifestyle changes things. If I am cut off in traffic I dont blast the horn or stick a middle finger out the window. I just keep driving, its not worth it to get into a showdown over a traffic infraction. I am carrying a deadly weapon and that brings with it a tremendous responsibility.

These are my observations. THat carrying a CCW will make it highly unlikely that you will ever be in a "showdown" in the first place. We actively look for every opportunity to avoid it. We are calm, cool-headed and respectful.

It is the exact opposite of what Liberals accuse us of, that we are Dirty Harrys looking for a creep to "teach him a lesson" like in the Death Wish movies.
It's good that you realize how one should carry themselves all the time, but especially when you are carrying a firearm. It is instinct to fight back, and it is also very easy to "go to the gun", if the fight is not going your way. Best to just do your best to avoid all of that, but be ready to defend boarders if trouble does eventually find you. :wink:
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby wrench459 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:04 pm

baxter513 wrote:Conceal carry has made me very unlikely to ever have to shoot a person...
That carrying a CCW will make it highly unlikely that you will ever be in a "showdown" in the first place. We actively look for every opportunity to avoid it. We are calm, cool-headed and respectful.

In the unlikely situation that you need to shot to kill...remove the ace wipes!
wrench459
Veteran Member

Return to Carry