I am NOT a Sexual Predators

"Debate is the servant of truth." Richard Alan Gordon, Georgetown law professor. Not a forum for the thin-of-skin!

I am NOT a Sexual Predators

Postby HootmonSccy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:46 pm

Most jurisdictions Require Sexual Predators to REGISTER with the Local Police and ANYONE has the ability to look them up via the Internet... Because of the Recidivism rate of these criminals, I do not disagree with this process.. They have committed a terrible crime, and there for gave up their right to privacy for Public Safety.

Now Because New York has REGISTRATION of Gun Owners, a Newspaper has abused their 1st Amendment right by Publishing Gun Owners... published a map showing every handgun permit holder, by name and address
This is ONLY ONE reason I resist Gun Registration...

By publishing this information, they have subjected these legal gun owners to
better chances of robbery (hopes of obtaining a gun illegally)
better chances that their neighbors will get robbed, as some criminals will avoid the houses with guns..
Subject to ostracizing by friends and neighbors... I heard one person on the news that thought it was a good idea, that way if their kid was supposed to spend the night, they could say NO if they know the house had guns in it or not.
How about just asking the parent??? In the words of George Carlin "the pussification of America"

Why a New York paper had every right to publish the names and addresses of local gun owners
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Return to Political Jabbering