CHICAGO WAKING UP TO GUN CONTROL?

"Debate is the servant of truth." Richard Alan Gordon, Georgetown law professor. Not a forum for the thin-of-skin!

CHICAGO WAKING UP TO GUN CONTROL?

Postby LareP » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:52 am

Looks like Chicago is tired of all the hooey about how gun control solves gun violence...
http://www.newsmax.com/US/Chicago-gun-control-ballot-issues-violence/2014/10/20/id/601829/

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
― George Orwell
LareP
Forum Regular

Re: CHICAGO WAKING UP TO GUN CONTROL?

Postby slayer61 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:22 pm

Chicago... I thought it was bad living in Kalifornia!

free stuff.jpg
free stuff.jpg (9.49 KiB) Viewed 1475 times
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Paul
slayer61
Forum Regular

Postby getvicious » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:45 pm

From the article -
That's why there will be not one, but two gun-control issues on voters' ballots in Cook County on Nov. 4. The first would impose stricter background checks for legal gun purchases — "legal" being the key word there, as we'll get to in a moment — and the second would ban assault weapons.

Stricter background checks for legal purchases and ban assault weapons - hmmm...

Making it "harder" to buy a gun, legally, and removing some types of guns a person may legally own - sure, I can see how that will make criminals stop using guns to commit crimes.

What planet are these people from? That logic tells me we can immediately stop all traffic patrols and make the police stop giving speeding tickets because there are speed limit signs everywhere and the signs will stop people from breaking the law by speeding. :roll:
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby LareP » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:11 am

What planet are these people from? That logic tells me we can immediately stop all traffic patrols and make the police stop giving speeding tickets because there are speed limit signs everywhere and the signs will stop people from breaking the law by speeding. :roll:

Haven't heard this one before but it sure sounds like a good argument against "the law" and why liberals are so ignorant and blind about the entire gun control issue.
LareP
Forum Regular

Postby sccytoter » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:15 pm

LareP wrote:

Haven't heard this one before but it sure sounds like a good argument against "the law" and why liberals are so ignorant and blind about the entire gun control issue.
Well, the Liberal politicians are not ignorant about gun control, because they don't care about who has guns...they just want the control. As far as the Liberal voter? Sadly, many of them believe the BS theories their "heros" in the Democratic Party throw at them. Many of them actually seem to think a law is going to stop something from happening. Stupid and, as you said above, ignorant. :roll:
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby LareP » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:10 pm

by parkerd » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:26 pm
We need to turn this country around and make sure we never make the same mistake in an election again.

Stop the clock! I agree with you!! The world just cracked. Miracles do exist.

When shooting in the dark, it is a good idea to use a machine gun.
LareP
Forum Regular

Return to Political Jabbering