AR ammo ban

"Debate is the servant of truth." Richard Alan Gordon, Georgetown law professor. Not a forum for the thin-of-skin!

AR ammo ban

Postby mikie » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:18 pm

So how many on here are glad you don't own an AR right now? I always preferred the AK myself with the 7.62×39mm round. But, I'm sure it's only a matter of time and another executive order before that gun is history too. Heck, I guess at some point in the not too distant future, the SCCY will be endangered. America, not the country I remembered.
mikie
Forum Regular

Re: AR ammo ban

Postby mikeMAGNUM » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:31 am

mikie,
I for one, am Glad to own every firearm in my collection and continue to strive for as diverse and numerous additions as funds allow.
The increasing (ill eagle) Executive orders being drawn by this potus just strengthen my resolve to exersise my RIGHTS as a lawful Citizen of this Great ( was Greater when I was a pup) Country.
The talk of Green Tip banning just like the BATF reversal of the Pistol Brace letter shows just how DEEP the corruption from the Top reaches.
I Thank God every morning when I awake that I'm here along with others like those on this forum to continue the Good Fight.
God Bless America....... She's in Dire need right now.
Staying focused.....Always diligently vigilant
mikeMAGNUM
Seasoned Member

Postby getvicious » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:41 am

mikie wrote:So how many on here are glad you don't own an AR right now? I always preferred the AK myself with the 7.62×39mm round. But, I'm sure it's only a matter of time and another executive order before that gun is history too. Heck, I guess at some point in the not too distant future, the SCCY will be endangered. America, not the country I remembered.

I don't understand that question.

Why would I be upset about owning an AR or be glad if I didn't?

The BATF proposed Green Tip ban is based on a law about no armor piercing rounds being allowed to be sold for handguns. Their argument is there are handguns that can shoot these rounds. It's interesting that Green Tip ammo doesn't meet any of the criteria spelled out in the law to define armor piercing ammo.

This may affect only one type of ammo. There are efforts all the time to limit / ban various ammo. It all works out in the end as there are other types of ammo available and new types coming out all the time.

I don't like the proposed ban but know it will affect many people who do use Green Tip ammo.

IMHO this is will blow over without huge effect on AR owners - I believe this is being used as a distraction to just cause trouble in the gun community by the anti-gun faction in the Fed Gov.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby morayman » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:40 pm

The best way to stop this invasion of our rights is to write ,e-mail ,text you congressmen,senators, the ATF,and anyone else you can think of and protest! It may not help because the King in charge at the white house thinks he can do what he pleases,but we must try.Remember- soap box,ballot box,ammo box! morayman...........
morayman
Seasoned Member

Postby getvicious » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:24 pm

morayman wrote:The best way to stop this invasion of our rights is to write ,e-mail ,text you congressmen,senators, the ATF,and anyone else you can think of and protest! It may not help because the King in charge at the white house thinks he can do what he pleases,but we must try.Remember- soap box,ballot box,ammo box! morayman...........

Excellent suggestion - especially "congressmen,senators" - they serve based on public opinion (aka the vote).
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby getvicious » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:25 pm

Apparently the BATF has reversed it's position and is no longer seeking to ban the sale of Green Tip 5.56 ammo. 8)
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby morayman » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:10 am

They delayed it until "further study" they are not done yet,the gun grabbers thought they had found an easy way to stop the 2nd amendment and gun people thats all.I urge everone to keep on top of it and write ,e-Mail,call you congresmen and represenatives.Obama thinks he can do whatever he wants in America,it's up to the people now to show him that he can't. morayman............
morayman
Seasoned Member

Postby getvicious » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:06 pm

morayman wrote:They delayed it until "further study" they are not done yet,the gun grabbers thought they had found an easy way to stop the 2nd amendment and gun people thats all.I urge everone to keep on top of it and write ,e-Mail,call you congresmen and represenatives.Obama thinks he can do whatever he wants in America,it's up to the people now to show him that he can't. morayman............

Great point. They are NEVER done - they just move to a different tactic or wait for some terrible event to happen that they can twist and exploit to use against our constitutional rights.
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby Mrbone » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:16 pm

I just read the atf is going after all 5.56 ammo now. It's just been announced.
Mrbone
Veteran Member

Return to Political Jabbering