Good job NJ - Police sit on application and woman dies

"Debate is the servant of truth." Richard Alan Gordon, Georgetown law professor. Not a forum for the thin-of-skin!

Good job NJ - Police sit on application and woman dies

Postby getvicious » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:05 am

Good job NJ - Police sit on application and woman dies waiting for her permit. She was killed while waiting for "Berlin Township Police Chief Leonard Check to approve the gun permit she had applied for on April 21" - the approval / disapproval is supposed to be within 30 days.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/10/no-one-helped-her-nj-woman-murdered-by-ex-while-waiting-for-gun-permit/
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Re: Good job NJ - Police sit on application and woman dies

Postby Pony Soldier » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:44 pm

Another brilliant developement out of New Jersey.
The courts have determined that a man may not purchase firearms because his wife is a convicted felon for a drug charge, and she has a domestic violence charge against her, and new weapons would not be permitted due to her prior convictions. The gentleman wanted to buy new guns so that he and his son could enjoy the firing range.
This guy and his son ALREADY own pistols that are secured in the home, that are as old as being from the 1940's and they have been using them at the range. He only wished to have more recent guns and experience the updated difference compared to the old weapons currently legal in his home.
So maybe an appropriate comment to the New Jersy courts regarding their decision should be, DUH.
Pony Soldier
Seasoned Member

Postby getvicious » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:28 pm

Trying to follow the logic in the situation described by Pony Soldier just makes my head hurt.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby mikeMAGNUM » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:20 am

getvicious wrote:Trying to follow the logic in the situation described by Pony Soldier just makes my head hurt.

Mine too...... :(
Sure am glad I am the age I am....When I was a pup during hunting season we could check our shotguns in at the Principle's office before school so we could go hunting on the way home after school.
I really feel for my Kids and Grand Kids.....just sayin...
Sure sounds like we keep getting closer & closer to the day when only "Outlaws" will have guns.
Staying focused.....Always diligently vigilant
mikeMAGNUM
Seasoned Member

Postby getvicious » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:23 am

mikeMAGNUM wrote:
getvicious wrote:Trying to follow the logic in the situation described by Pony Soldier just makes my head hurt.

Mine too...... :(
Sure am glad I am the age I am....When I was a pup during hunting season we could check our shotguns in at the Principle's office before school so we could go hunting on the way home after school.
I really feel for my Kids and Grand Kids.....just sayin...
Sure sounds like we keep getting closer & closer to the day when only "Outlaws" will have guns.

Yep, when I was in HS a good number of pickup trucks in the student parking lot had "Easy Rider Rifle Racks" in the rear window and some would have rifles and / or shotguns in them to use after school. Never a problem.

Seemed to be a time without quite so much stupidity and Me-Me-Me Entitled attitude.
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby mikeMAGNUM » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:54 am

getvicious wrote:Yep, when I was in HS a good number of pickup trucks in the student parking lot had "Easy Rider Rifle Racks" in the rear window and some would have rifles and / or shotguns in them to use after school. Never a problem.

Seemed to be a time without quite so much stupidity and Me-Me-Me Entitled attitude.

Yes Sir....In High School for sure, but in my day even in Junior High you would see groups of two or three boys walkin to school with shotguns on their shoulders....nobody ever gave it a thought that they would be used for anything other than "bustin bunnies" :D

Sure was a DIFFERENT era.
Staying focused.....Always diligently vigilant
mikeMAGNUM
Seasoned Member

Postby rwt101 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:34 pm

I lived in NJ at one time and applied for a permit to purchase a handgun. It took 90 days to get it. Then I had 30 days to use it or it became void. Also when I was there you had to get a permit to transport and carry a hunting shotgun. If you got a hunting permit that did not give you the right to transport the shotgun.
That was over 20 years ago.
Bob T
rwt101
Forum Regular

Return to Political Jabbering