Rush and Stern are leading the pack?

Cocktails will be served nightly! Use this area for off topic discussions and to discuss the finer things in life. Great cigars, spirits, fine automobiles, motorcycles, aircraft, you get the idea!

Rush and Stern are leading the pack?

Postby Captain Ray » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:50 pm

News Released: April 09, 2006
LIMBAUGH, STERN CONTINUE TO DOMINATE NATIONAL TALK RADIO LANDSCAPE
Study Shows Local Hosts Gain Ground
(PRLEAP.COM) AUSTIN, Texas — Rush Limbaugh and Howard Stern were the two most widely identified radio talk hosts in the U.S. [94%] and [89%] according to a recently released study by the Benchmark Company. But there was a general decline in the ability of regular talk radio listeners to identify other nationally syndicated hosts.

“With the exception of a few, well-established icons like Limbaugh and Stern, it may well be that the number of nationally syndicated radio hosts has gone past the point where the average listener can absorb all the names,” said Dr. Rob Balon, CEO of Benchmark.

The study of 1120 regular listeners of AM and FM talk radio was the third installment in the Benchmark series on talk radio that began in 1994.

In addition, the study found that there were more listeners who classified themselves as political moderates and fewer who identified themselves as conservatives.

Source

Howard Stern is a no talent goof. His whole shtick is his lust for lesbians, and I doubt he has even 1/4 the listeners that Rush has. Let me think.. what radio talk show hosts have a larger audience than Stern.. hmmm.. Laura Ingram, Tony Snow, Bill Oreilly, Michael Savage (I am not fond of Savage myself.. he's too angry.) Sean Hannity (You are a GREAT AMERICAN~~) Lars Larson, Bill Handle, Paul Harvey, Tom Martino, etc...

Stern is a hack.

Raymond
"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day." ~Abraham Lincoln~
Captain Ray
Veteran Member

Postby Rock and Glock » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:12 pm

Stern IS a HACK!  I hope he DOOMS Sirius.  :x
Rock and Glock

"Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to authority is not using his intelligence; he is just using his memory."  Leonardo da Vinci
Rock and Glock
Veteran Member

Postby Captain Ray » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:30 pm

I don't get the attraction to shows like Sterns. Or Mark and Brian, or Tom Likus, or any of the FM type radio shows. Every show is exactly the same as the one before it. "Show me your boobs on the freeway!!" I mean.. I like boobs as much as the next guy, but I find that on the freeway they are a bit of a distraction.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Raymond
"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day." ~Abraham Lincoln~
Captain Ray
Veteran Member

Postby ronlog » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:35 pm

Some people never grow out of adolescence. Talk about sex and nudity on the radio and they are all excited. Like you, I have nothing against sex and nudity, but to listen to some dimwit talk about it all day on the radio is too much. These morons don't care about what is really important in the world around them.

Stern is an arrogant ass who should never have made it to where he is. Unfortunately it shows what todays society finds intertaining. Nothing wrong with being a kid at heart, but this is too much,
The second amendment is our first defense.
ronlog
Topic Moderator

Return to The Aloha Deck