CCW class, oh man.

Cocktails will be served nightly! Use this area for off topic discussions and to discuss the finer things in life. Great cigars, spirits, fine automobiles, motorcycles, aircraft, you get the idea!

CCW class, oh man.

Postby haviik » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:48 pm

February 23rd is the date. Excited and using my cpx 2. How was everyone else's experiences?
haviik

Re: CCW class, oh man.

Postby HootmonSccy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:04 pm

Every state is different, but excited for you!
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby bonefamily » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:12 am

You'll have to post back once you take yours and let us know how it went for you. The wife and I are scheduled for ours on March 23rd...
Bryan

Disclosure - I am still a novice shooter. Please take my replies with that in mind, and that I am still learning.
bonefamily
Seasoned Member

Postby getvicious » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:20 pm

My wife and I took our NC CCW class a couple years ago and had a great time.

Obviously the legal issue training was very important but was pretty straight forward. Hope you enjoy the class, carry whenever possible and never have to shoot to defend yourself, family or friends.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby haviik » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:20 pm

I'll be taking mine in yadkinville NC, a 10 min drive from home. I work under Duke Energy so I'm always on the road and lately, things have been getting worse, especially in the Charlotte area. I'm always ready.
haviik

Postby getvicious » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:32 pm

things have been getting worse, especially in the Charlotte area.

I work in Durham. It's unusual to hear that statement about some area other than Durham. Durham just seems to be the "bad place" according to lots of people.

Enjoy your class. The shooting part was lots of fun as everyone was comparing how they did with everyone else.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby haviik » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:49 pm

I've stayed in Durahm a lot, but every time they mention Charlotte, I'm locked and loaded. Two of my friends were beaten and robbed in their room, and we've been harassed and followed by people telling us to go buy them beer or cigs.
haviik

Postby getvicious » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:03 pm

haviik wrote:I've stayed in Durahm a lot, but every time they mention Charlotte, I'm locked and loaded. Two of my friends were beaten and robbed in their room, and we've been harassed and followed by people telling us to go buy them beer or cigs.

I agree with you about being "locked and loaded." Unfortunately, there are bad people doing bad things to innocent people everywhere. Will it happen to me, or more importantly, my family? Probably not but why take the chance by being defenseless?
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby haviik » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:30 pm

Update:

Had to reschedule my class twice due to having the flu and then corneal abrasions. I finally took it and passed with flying colors. Took the written test first and then it was on to proper grips, laws, cleaning etc. We then moved onto the F.A.T.S shooting simulator they have at the lodge and that's when about 80% of the class admitted to never have shot any type of gun before. Most of them had to go back to retry the qual portion. Anyway, just need to order checks for the background and finger printing since they won't accept cash. I used my SCCY CPX2 with update recoil rod and brought my own ammo (PMC bronze). Ammo was included in the $100 fee and since I didn't use any of it, they let me stick around and shoot for almost 2 hours. Targets and range cost was taken out of the 100.
haviik

Postby HootmonSccy » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:06 pm

Congrats... Now finish what you have to do to get everything finalized...
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby getvicious » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:44 am

haviik wrote:Update:

Had to reschedule my class twice due to having the flu and then corneal abrasions. I finally took it and passed with flying colors. Took the written test first and then it was on to proper grips, laws, cleaning etc. We then moved onto the F.A.T.S shooting simulator they have at the lodge and that's when about 80% of the class admitted to never have shot any type of gun before. Most of them had to go back to retry the qual portion. Anyway, just need to order checks for the background and finger printing since they won't accept cash. I used my SCCY CPX2 with update recoil rod and brought my own ammo (PMC bronze). Ammo was included in the $100 fee and since I didn't use any of it, they let me stick around and shoot for almost 2 hours. Targets and range cost was taken out of the 100.

Nice! 8)
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Return to The Aloha Deck