great cigars

Cocktails will be served nightly! Use this area for off topic discussions and to discuss the finer things in life. Great cigars, spirits, fine automobiles, motorcycles, aircraft, you get the idea!

great cigars

Postby haviik » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:59 pm

Description said we could discuss them here, couldn't find any topics related to them so here it is. Any one else enjoy them? If so, what brand and style?
haviik

Re: great cigars

Postby bonefamily » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:13 am

Used to be a big cigar aficionado, but not so much anymore. The kiddies used to get on me big time for it! I used to have a membership at Thompson Cigar and always tried something new, just to see what all was out there. Some were terrible to my taste, but most were very nice. Among all that I have tried (very many), my favorite would have to go to Montecristo with Connecticut wrapper - nice and creamy!
Bryan

Disclosure - I am still a novice shooter. Please take my replies with that in mind, and that I am still learning.
bonefamily
Seasoned Member

Postby haviik » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:29 pm

When I started out a substation tech, everyone around me smoked cigars so naturally, I had to try some out. The boss man and I would drive around going to cigar shops and he would pick them out for me. Punch, isla de Cuba's, la Gloria Cubanas, Romeo y julietas, and partagas are amongst my favorite smokes. We had to work a 27 hour outage straight one night and we were out getting monsters and cigars. He told me to try Flor de Dominicanas double ligueros. Guy at the shop told me to smoke it after the outage and when I'm at home relaxed. I smoked it immediately after we got done, waiting for them to make the line hot, and it knocked me into the dirt. It was killer strong and I try to avoid it after work when I make my crown and cokes.
haviik

Postby bonefamily » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:21 pm

Cool story. I assume the Flor de Dominicanas double ligueros are dipped in some pretty strong stuff, eh? :kickback:
Bryan

Disclosure - I am still a novice shooter. Please take my replies with that in mind, and that I am still learning.
bonefamily
Seasoned Member

Postby haviik » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:12 pm

I lost three hours of time. Felt like a fear and loathing in Las Vegas. Just really strong blend.
haviik

Return to The Aloha Deck