2013 Republic of Texas Rally June 13th, 14th, 15th

Cocktails will be served nightly! Use this area for off topic discussions and to discuss the finer things in life. Great cigars, spirits, fine automobiles, motorcycles, aircraft, you get the idea!

2013 Republic of Texas Rally June 13th, 14th, 15th

Postby TexasLookout » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:48 pm

The yearly ROT RALLY in Austin Texas will be starting the above days. I'll be heading down that way for the few days. Riding , Looking at all the Bikes, but only during the morning hours due to the fact the temperatures are expected to be in the 100 + heat index range. Ive heard that just further south by Canyon Lake you can take the South Access River Road and ride along the crossings under Tree Covered Canopy so that should be much cooler. I'll post up a picture from Congress Ave when all the Bikes have access parking all the way up to the State Capitol. I am always trying to turn on the A/C when on my bike hum?
TexasLookout
Seasoned Member

Re: 2013 Republic of Texas Rally June 13th, 14th, 15th

Postby getvicious » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:12 pm

TexasLookout wrote:The yearly ROT RALLY in Austin Texas will be starting the above days. I'll be heading down that way for the few days. Riding , Looking at all the Bikes, but only during the morning hours due to the fact the temperatures are expected to be in the 100 + heat index range. Ive heard that just further south by Canyon Lake you can take the South Access River Road and ride along the crossings under Tree Covered Canopy so that should be much cooler. I'll post up a picture from Congress Ave when all the Bikes have access parking all the way up to the State Capitol. I am always trying to turn on the A/C when on my bike hum?

Hope you have a great time! I envy you.

BTW - The A/C control is on the right handlebar. It's a rotary control device. When you rotate it farther from the starting position it will get cooler. Some people call the A/C control the throttle.... 8)
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Re: 2013 Republic of Texas Rally June 13th, 14th, 15th

Postby TexasLookout » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:31 pm

Well it was a hoot down in Austin,Texas for the yearly ROT RALLY. The weather was good as there was plenty of Cloud Cover and the evenings 75 - 80 degrees. I left early Sunday morning while it was cool. Had a good time looking at all the unique Motorcycles. Lots of BBQ & Tex Mex Foods. From what I heard that the crowds had increased from last year. Went on several nice rides thru the rolling hill country and small river crossings that actually had plenty of fresh water running. There were plenty of Live Bands playing for Free Every where. This was my first visit to the ROT RALLY and I give it a thumbs up. I believe later this year in Galveston,Texas there will be a Rally and will head that way. Its on my Bucket List , last year went Zip Lining thru the Rain Forest in Puerto Rico now that was fun.
TexasLookout
Seasoned Member

Return to The Aloha Deck