Zip lock method to handle DUI CheckPoints

Cocktails will be served nightly! Use this area for off topic discussions and to discuss the finer things in life. Great cigars, spirits, fine automobiles, motorcycles, aircraft, you get the idea!

Re: Zip lock method to handle DUI CheckPoints

Postby atilda12 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:29 pm

Yeah I completely agree. Try this once and see how many more charges are put up on you. Now even Sheriffs are aware of this tactic used by few people and become more suspicious of such drivers. My friend who works with a Los Angeles DUI attorney told me that then cop on duty make sure that you underdo sobriety test.
atilda12

Postby HootmonSccy » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:16 am

A News report on the same type approach

Video
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby newbie » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:22 pm

I was going into a club one night, and had heard they were doing stops in the county that night. As I pulled up and guy stumbled out of the bar and got in his car, and a police man pulled up blocking him and had him step out of car and arrested him. Having been a victim of a drunk driver I have no sympathy for people who drink and get behind a wheel.

Postby thepast123 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:22 am

newbie wrote:I was going into a club one night, and had heard they were doing stops in the county that night. As I pulled up and guy stumbled out of the bar and got in his car, and a police man pulled up blocking him and had him step out of car and arrested him. Having been a victim of a drunk driver I have no sympathy for people who drink and get behind a wheel.

Hello newbie,

Are You Aware of the Ziplock Method for DUI Checkpoints? Cops Just Arrested its Creator
Coral Gables, FL – Warren Redlich, the Florida attorney who pioneered a method of silently asserting constitutional rights at DUI checkpoints, called the “Fair DUI,” has been arrested at a checkpoint in Coral Gables, Florida.
However, the attorney didn’t end up at the Coral Gables DUI checkpoint by chance. Redlich intentionally targeted the municipality after they enacted new policies for DUI stops, threatening to arrest motorists for simply refusing to roll down the window.
“I deliberately went there. It was to make an example out of Coral Gables,” Redlich told CBS 4. “They adopted a policy that was more extreme than anything I had ever seen before.”
Coral Gables decided to implement a new policy for DUI checkpoints after Redlich’s “Fair DUI” program gained national attention. The new policy basically allows for citizens to be arrested for simply refusing to open your window at a checkpoint, an obligation that would seemingly violate a citizen’s constitutional rights.
During the incident, Coral Gables police refused to accept the documents provided by Redlich, insisting that he roll his window down and engage with officers. After not responding to the command to open his window the officer opens his door and places him in handcuffs.
Last edited by thepast123 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
thepast123

Postby HootmonSccy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:20 am

thepast123 wrote:
newbie wrote:I was going into a club one night, and had heard they were doing stops in the county that night. As I pulled up and guy stumbled out of the bar and got in his car, and a police man pulled up blocking him and had him step out of car and arrested him. Having been a victim of a dui online Texas classes drunk driver I have no sympathy for people who drink and get behind a wheel.

Hello newbie,

Are You Aware of the Ziplock Method for DUI Checkpoints? Cops Just Arrested its Creator
Coral Gables, FL – Warren Redlich, the Florida attorney who pioneered a method of silently asserting constitutional rights at DUI checkpoints, called the “Fair DUI,” has been arrested at a checkpoint in Coral Gables, Florida.
However, the attorney didn’t end up at the Coral Gables DUI checkpoint by chance. Redlich intentionally targeted the municipality after they enacted new policies for DUI stops, threatening to arrest motorists for simply refusing to roll down the window.
“I deliberately went there. It was to make an example out of Coral Gables,” Redlich told CBS 4. “They adopted a policy that was more extreme than anything I had ever seen before.”
Coral Gables decided to implement a new policy for DUI checkpoints after Redlich’s “Fair DUI” program gained national attention. The new policy basically allows for citizens to be arrested for simply refusing to open your window at a checkpoint, an obligation that would seemingly violate a citizen’s constitutional rights.
During the incident, Coral Gables police refused to accept the documents provided by Redlich, insisting that he roll his window down and engage with officers. After not responding to the command to open his window the officer opens his door and places him in handcuffs.

This is how laws get challenged.. Just because a city passes a law (Legislative action) and someone gets arrested of that law (executive action), that does not make the law legal and/or just.
He is an attorney and knew what was likely to happen.. So, I would have to believe it was his intent to challenge the law before a judge (judicial action).. Time will tell..
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Previous

Return to The Aloha Deck