New toy

For the general discussion of firearms other than those made by Sccy Industries or under the former name, Skyy Industries.

New toy

Postby Ranger59 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:15 am

Went to a gun show on sunday, to check out prices on Taurus PT92. They seem to be around $500 range. I saw a dealer that had was a late "Father Day's" sale on either a 40 or 9mm cal pistol. I asked what the name of the manufacturer and the reply back was it Zastava EZ. I looked at it and the dealer told me it is basically a clone of the Sig Sauer 226. The sale price is $275.00 and with tax came out to be $297.00. I been wanting to buy another 9mm for around $300.00. After walking around to see if there were any other deals, none that I found, I came back and bought it. It felt good in the hand and the features I was looking for, decocking lever and rails, it had. It looks good but still has some machine marks on it. Has anyone else here have this particular gun? Most of the you tube videos I watch rate it as good value gun at around $350.00. I have to wait to shoot due to the free range I go to is currently under construction, they are putting in overhead shelter on the range as well as fixing up the berm and I am too cheap to go to the indoor range to shoot.
Ranger59

Re: New toy

Postby getvicious » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:37 pm

Nice - Let us know how it works for you.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby basshnter1 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:12 am

I have the Zastava ez9 compact.
I would not consider it a Sig clone but inspired by.
It does fit in most Sig holsters.
It's too heavy for everyday carry but has become my truck and home gun.
Mine has been super reliable and very accurate.
I shoot better groups with this out of my eight hand guns.
The finish is not as nice as most but I think it fits with it's intended military,utilitarian end use.
I think you'll be very happy with it.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15359
basshnter1
Forum Regular

Postby Ranger59 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:41 pm

Got a chance to shoo my EZ9 today. Shot 50 rds of tulamo with no fTF but one FTE. It was a hard primer and the next pull of the trigger set it off. Shot 20 rds of WWB without issues. Shooting at 25 yds, I was able to keep most of the holes within a 3 inch circle but I did notice most of my shots were hitting low right.I may have been pulling the shots. Recoil, at least compare to my SCCY CPX-2 was almost non existent. I think I have a keeper!
Ranger59

Postby jax gunslinger » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:18 pm

There are a lot of clones produced these days, and a lot of them are really nice firearms. Some of the best CZ75 clones are coming from Turkey/Israel. I have yet to buy one, but some really nice 1911's are made in the Philippine's. One of the nicest ones I've seen is the SS Iver Johnson compact. I have yet to see an EZ9, but may see one at the gun show this weekend. I wish you continued success with the one you have.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson ***PERMANENTLY BANNED MEMBER OF THE HPFF**
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Postby GKC » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:51 pm

I bought a TriStar T-100 a while back. It's an imported gun actually made by Canik. This model is a clone of a Baby Eagle or a Jericho, I believe, while the C-100 is a clone of a CZ75B. DA trigger was heavy but smooth, and the SA trigger was nice.

I couldn't find any magazines for it...when I called TriStar to buy a spare recoil spring (just in case) they wouldn't sell me one, saying they had to keep their stock for warranty work. I read that a many of the parts are interchangeable with the cloned parent models, but I decided I didn't want to worry about it, so I sold the gun before I even fired it.
GKC
Seasoned Member

Postby jax gunslinger » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:57 pm

GKC wrote:I bought a TriStar T-100 a while back. It's an imported gun actually made by Canik. This model is a clone of a Baby Eagle or a Jericho, I believe, while the C-100 is a clone of a CZ75B. DA trigger was heavy but smooth, and the SA trigger was nice.

I couldn't find any magazines for it...when I called TriStar to buy a spare recoil spring (just in case) they wouldn't sell me one, saying they had to keep their stock for warranty work. I read that a many of the parts are interchangeable with the cloned parent models, but I decided I didn't want to worry about it, so I sold the gun before I even fired it.

My Tristar is one of my favorites. Mine came with the large dot sights, and is very accurate. I replaced the factory grips with a rubber set from a CZ75 compact. They fit perfectly. I believe the CZ75 compact mags are interchangeable as well. I was amazed at the fit and finish. The inside was just as nice as the outside. Very nice quality for a firearm costing under $375.
Attachments
P1050725.JPG
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson ***PERMANENTLY BANNED MEMBER OF THE HPFF**
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Postby Ranger59 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:11 pm

Got the EZ9 out to the range and shot off around 70 rds, mainly tulammo and WWB. No FTF but one FTF. It was a tulammo round and looking at the primer, it had a strike. Rechamber and it went off. I notice my shots were to the right and low, about 4 o'clock. Orders spare magazines from CDNN but had to send one back for replacement due to it not holding the slide back. Any suggestion for a laser/light combo to put on the rail?

For you guys that have a 1911 pistol without rails, a company called Recover, offers a replacement grip that has a rail as part of it. It cost around $50.00 with free shipping. I have one and it was easy to put on.
Ranger59

Postby Tomc1947 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:16 pm

I picked up a Canik Shark C(same as the Tristar T100).
All I got to say is the Turks sure know how to make guns :)
Tomc1947
Forum Regular

Postby Ranger59 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:13 pm

Got out this past weekend & sent another 50 rounds of wwb. No issue but does kick brass out a good distance, I reload.
Ranger59

Return to Other Firearms