What are your 3 favorite handguns u have?

For the general discussion of firearms other than those made by Sccy Industries or under the former name, Skyy Industries.

Re: What are your 3 favorite handguns u have?

Postby Lefty Red » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:06 pm

fla-gypsy wrote:The three I have;

Sccy CPX2
Taurus Model 82
Rock Island Armory 1911

All good solid weapons! And mostly will perform as good or better than name brands! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lefty Red
Forum Regular

Postby sccytoter » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:50 pm

My my my, I would have to say these top three:

Ruger LCP...covers all my super secret carry modes, along with two spare magazines.

CPX-2 FDE...covers hot weather carry and everything in between, along with one spare magazine.

Kahr CT9...covers colder weather carry, along with one spare magazine.
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby slong115 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:51 pm

For my top 3 it would be:

1. Ruger LCR .38 spl (my EDC). Very light weight and easy to pocket carry with a terrific double-action trigger.

2. Taurus model 85 stainless (you can probably tell that I am more of a revolver guy). My 85's double-action trigger out of the box is as smooth as any Smith & Wesson I have ever owned but it is not the ultra-lite version so it is quite a bit heavier than the Ruger LCR. Might have to get an ultra-lite version just to have a lighter carry weapon with an external hammer.

3. Taurus PT-111 G2. This replaces my SCCY as my 3rd favorite handgun (moving my SCCY down to #4) The Taurus has been 100% reliable and seems to fit my hand better than the CPX2. Having 2 extra rounds vs the SCCY in a similarly sized pistol is another plus.

I also have a Smith SW9VE that I keep as a bedside weapon. It, too, has been 100% reliable but just too large for concealed carry, in my opinion. Thought about getting rid of the Smith a few times but always come back to my rule of "Don't get rid of a 100% reliable weapon!" Every time I have done that in the past, I grew to regret my decision. Trigger on the SW9VE is not the best but as an old revolver guy, I can live with it. Besides, it holds 16+1 so if I miss with my first shot, I still have 16 more tries! LOL

I do need to get my auto-loaders to the range soon, especially since I found and (hopefully fixed) the slide release spring that had disconnected on the SCCY (probably my own fault after I took the walking frame pins out and replaced them with the new ones that SCCY sent to me). SCCY was 100% reliable until after I replaced the pins and I still really like that gun.
Scott
USMC '69-'73
slong115
Forum Regular

Postby TrapperBob » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:13 am

1) Hands down, my WW 1 (1918) Luger P-08.

2) Ruger Mark III standard .22lr (tapered barrel, same ergonomics and general style as the Luger, cheaper ammo!)

3) Heritage Rough Rider, single action revolver.

I had an Erma LA22, which is a 1960s .22LR version of the Luger, it was fun but cheaply made (mostly cast aluminum) and not reliable, so I sold it a few months ago. I sold it for $100, the guy turned around and sold it on Gunbroker for $450. Fun gun when it worked but no way in h*ll I'd have paid $450 for it!
TrapperBob

Postby SEP » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:53 am

I've had a lot of favorites over the years. Currently, and in order I'd have to say:

[*]Glock 26 because that is my authorized off duty carry.
[*]Glock 19
[*]Glock 17 because it was my first Glock and the one I became an instructor with. Fond memories and it just fits my hand like a glove.

This isn't to sound like I like ONLY Glock. Just what I carry on duty, off duty and what I teach to recruits and in-service so it is what I have the most experience/trust with due to sheer volume of rounds fired and hours carried.
SEP

Previous

Return to Other Firearms