Birthday AR-15

For the general discussion of firearms other than those made by Sccy Industries or under the former name, Skyy Industries.

Birthday AR-15

Postby getvicious » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:35 pm

Last Friday my small kid and wife surprised me with an AR-15.

It's a Palmetto State Armory PA-15 model.

Both my small kid and medium kid have the same gun. Theirs shoot really well.

Mine's pretty bare bones which is fine with me. I don't need a bunch of tacti-cool accessories. I added a cheap BUIS rear sight for now. I fired 10 rounds thru it today. The sight is not quite dialed in yet but it's plenty good to hit center mass and a head shot, just not quite exactly at point of aim yet. Another 10 or 15 rounds shooting off a table in the driveway and I should be good.

Here's a couple pictures since that's just expected... :wink:

PA-15 Left Internet Post.jpg

PA-15 Right.jpg
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Re: Birthday AR-15

Postby jax gunslinger » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:16 am

Congrads on the new AR and happy birthday. Damn fine birthday present! I agree with you not wanting a lot of add ons. You would be amazed at how heavy an AR can get with just a few additional parts, especially a quad rail.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson ***PERMANENTLY BANNED MEMBER OF THE HPFF**
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Postby sccytoter » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:38 pm

Wow! That is one hell of a birthday present! Better keep her happy, so gifts like that keep coming your way. :wink:
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby bikerlbf406 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:17 am

congratulations........I wish someone would buy me a nice gun for Christmas or Birthday.
Current Firearms:
Smith & Wesson 30-1 & 439
Taurus 82, PT111, Judge & Curve
EAA Windicator
D'armes de Guerre 25-06
Sears Model 25
Mossberg 500, 715T, 715P & 702
Cobra C22M
Rock Island M5
Chiappa 1911
Sterling Arms 300
bikerlbf406
Forum Regular

Postby getvicious » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:05 pm

It's a great gift - believe me, I know. And yes, I intend to keep her, and probably more importantly, she intends to keep me. :lol:

It's a funny story. We had just bought a gun cabinet and I set it up....

My small kid called me while I was driving to ask if I would rather have an AR or an SKS for my birthday. I said an AR. He said he thought I had said I wanted the SKS first. I told him I did want the SKS first if I was buying it - if I was getting a gift I wanted the AR. He said he could get a good price on a new AR like his but couldn't afford it unless I kicked in some money too. He was buying it from a friend's shop where he bought his used one, and gets good prices from the owner. I said okay. He then said if he was buying a new AR he wanted to keep it and would give me his used one. Again, I said okay - his is in real good shape and shoots well. He said he would think about it. I was meeting my wife dropping off kids after giving them rides home from school and she was late. When we got home our granddaughter asked to see the gun cabinet. I showed her and inside there was a box with the new AR. She smiled and said Happy Birthday (a really early gift as my birthday is still a way off). I asked my small kid why I had the new AR and not his used one. He said it would be too hard to take his stuff off his and put it on the new one so I just get the new one - a polite way to say the new one was for me all along. So, I got surprised with the new AR that my wife and small kid bought for me (she was late due to being at the Gun Shop with my small kid buying the AR).

Yes, I'm lucky to have the family I do. :kickback:
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby Emanchad » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:29 am

Wow your kids and your wife was really loves you sir,,they gift you a good and nice ar15 very interesting.
Emanchad

Postby getvicious » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:54 pm

Emanchad wrote:Wow your kids and your wife was really loves you sir,,they gift you a good and nice ar15 very interesting.

Howdy and welcome to the forum. Go to the Introductions sub-forum and give us an intro please.
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Return to Other Firearms