Bond Arms buys Boberg

For the general discussion of firearms other than those made by Sccy Industries or under the former name, Skyy Industries.

Bond Arms buys Boberg

Postby mkiker2089 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:39 pm

This is odd. Anyone here familiar with Boberg? In short it's different loading mechanism that grabs the bullet from the back and pushes it into the barrel. I'm not an expert as I passed on it when I saw a list of ammo that was approved for it.

Anyway Bond Arms seems to have filled their market up so they are looking to expand. They purchased Boberg with an eye on improving the design and through their manufacturing getting the price down.
mkiker2089
Seasoned Member

Re: Bond Arms buys Boberg

Postby getvicious » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:55 pm

Wow - what a step up for Bond Arms - and a large chunk of change for Arne Boberg.

Boberg pistols are all essentially hand made. That partly explains their price, not to mention their niche market appeal and, relatively low production numbers. They're a pretty high-end pistol company, from what I read.

The Boberg design is the only new design in many, many years. Gives the advantage of longer barrel in the pistol the size of a short barrel gun. Think of your CPX with a 4 inch barrel in the same size package as the current CPX.

I hope the pistol doesn't undergo "improving the design" right out of existence.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby mkiker2089 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:36 pm

getvicious wrote:Wow - what a step up for Bond Arms - and a large chunk of change for Arne Boberg.

Boberg pistols are all essentially hand made. That partly explains their price, not to mention their niche market appeal and, relatively low production numbers. They're a pretty high-end pistol company, from what I read.

The Boberg design is the only new design in many, many years. Gives the advantage of longer barrel in the pistol the size of a short barrel gun. Think of your CPX with a 4 inch barrel in the same size package as the current CPX.

I hope the pistol doesn't undergo "improving the design" right out of existence.

This is all speculation but I've heard that Arne was at a bit of loss about making the gun more reliable with different ammo. I'm guessing modern mass produced ammo has more variances than it used to, not sure on that. Even people who love the gun at it's high price point when being honest amongst themselves will talk about failure rates.

I'm hoping it's a good thing.
mkiker2089
Seasoned Member

Postby yogi3 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:49 pm

I saw an ad on boberg, and looked up the brand.-----from what I understood, the gun uses browning' s rotating barrel, (berretta cougar), and mauser's round loading....pulls the round from the back, up into the barrel, no feed ramp---this allows for a longer barrel in a small gun-------the was a mention of rounds separating, (from the pulling action), and the remedy was crimped rounds--sounds good, but expensive....I would rather have the sccy-----
yogi3

Postby adam01364 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:39 pm

getvicious wrote:Wow - what a step up for Bond Arms.
My thoughts exactly.
adam01364

Postby toymachine » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:31 pm

I've seen the Bond Arms display at the LGS, but I don't recall ever seeing a Boberg. Hopefully this deal will expand production and distribution, and I'll be able to get my mitts on one, if only in the store.
toymachine
Seasoned Member

Postby 777Driver » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:04 pm

I read about the Boberg design. Very interesting! Puts a barrel the length of a Glock 17 on a compact handgun. Then I saw the price...$1,300. I'll pass.
777Driver

Return to Other Firearms