Taurus PT-111 G2

For the general discussion of firearms other than those made by Sccy Industries or under the former name, Skyy Industries.

Re: Taurus PT-111 G2

Postby sccytoter » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:32 pm

getvicious wrote:
sccytoter wrote:Yeah, one of the local stores around here are pulling that crap, then underpricing their G2's by like 15 dollars, as compared to the competition. They then turn around and slap a 30 dollar price tag on the G2 magazines in stock. Bullcrap move right there.

Kind of speaks to their ethics and integrity doesn't it?
Yeah, it does. And ya know, it really sucks too. They have excellent prices on their wares, but they do pull crap like that, especially with the Tauri G2. Those G2's sell like hotcakes around here, and their just cashing in on that crap. If I ever buy another G2, I will go elsewhere, even if I pay 30 to 40 dollars more for the gun.
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby cozwurth » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:24 pm

I picked up one of these for my wife last year. Seems like a nice gun. She wasn't overly fond of the long trigger pull of the DAO SCCY, but she did like the size. The G2 is a good mix.
Land of the free because of the brave.
Thank you to all of our military members and veterans!

CPX-2 Black
cozwurth

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:52 pm

I have two g2s, love them. I agree with others that it's a bit too big for pocket carry unless your shirt tail is left out. As for service, my cousin sent hers back to lighten the trigger and it was back in 2/12 weeks.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/forum.php is a great forum with lots of good info, lots of us own and love our SCCYs too!
SCCY CPX2 Glock 19
Sig 938 Beretta 21
Kel Tec PF9 Ruger MKI
Taurus PT111G2. Taurus TCP 738
Bersa Thunder 380
EAA Witness
Silverbullet
Forum Regular

Postby Lefty Red » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:45 pm

I was messing with one today, really liked it. The reset for a striker pistol is awesome. And the double strike capability has made it the backup or carry pistol for a couple of Troopers I know. Very impressed overall. Might be the reason I sell my Shield. :)

Lefty
Lefty Red
Forum Regular

Postby baxter513 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:38 pm

Recommend you carry it for 3 straight days and see if you find it comfortable before you sell any of your guns

Its a great pistol to shoot but I have a really hard time finding a position to carry it where I can tolerate it for more than 8 straight hours
baxter513

Postby Lefty Red » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:59 pm

baxter513 wrote:Recommend you carry it for 3 straight days and see if you find it comfortable before you sell any of your guns

Its a great pistol to shoot but I have a really hard time finding a position to carry it where I can tolerate it for more than 8 straight hours

Just trading my Shield, not the rest of them. :) it's got the thumb safety and not too hip on a non ambi safety even though it's doubtful it will ever be knocked on by accident. And I want a NTS Shield 45. :)

I carry an Offficer's 1911 most days. Doubt the PT111 G2 will bother me. But I understand your concern and you are completely right and giving good advice! Most new carriers pick a weapon that they want, but won't carry.

Lefty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lefty Red
Forum Regular

Postby SEP » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:48 am

I bought one for my wife to CCW. We have both been very impressed with the G2. Good capacity, good size for CCW in most cases and a life time warranty. Just about the same size as my Glock 26.

Talking with an armorer on another forum, he bought one years ago and one in the last year or so. He broke them down all the way and reported that the newer versions are machined a lot more precise than the original versions. He could see an increased level of quality. This coincides with a change in management from what I researched. They wanted to make the G2 sorta a flagship for Taurus and instead of dumping $ into advertising they simply lowered the price to flood the market and let folks chat the gun up. I would say the word of mouth route has been a good choice. IIRC the G2 was the #1 selling gun for a couple of years.
SEP

Previous

Return to Other Firearms