Picked up two SR22's

For the general discussion of firearms other than those made by Sccy Industries or under the former name, Skyy Industries.

Picked up two SR22's

Postby getvicious » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:20 pm

Picked up two SR22's a little while back - one for my wife, one for me. Seem to be pretty decent pistols.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Re: Picked up two SR22's

Postby Pony Soldier » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:28 pm

Congratulations on you two new Rugers. I picked up mine about 3 years ago. The gun can be a little picky as to ammo. Normally CCI Mini Mags will preform well for you, or any 22's that are of high quality. Bulk ammo may give you occasional poor primer performance but sometimes a double strike will do the trick. Have hours of pleasure with your new SR22s.
Pony Soldier
Seasoned Member

Postby Urny » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:47 pm

I bought mine in mid 2014 and owned it for several hours. Upon arriving home I took the time show my wife how it works and some of it's features. It now resides in her pink ammo box, in a pink holster with it's extra magazines and a couple of boxes of Remington Golden .22's and a couple more American Eagles. This one seems to have no ammo sensitivity at all. I shoot it from time to time, with her blessing. I suppose it has a couple thousand rounds down the tube and has been a pleasure. Someday I might get myself one.
Urny

Postby HootmonSccy » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:31 pm

I hope they serve you well..
We went with a Beretta Neos.. We haven't had any issues with it..
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby randy27 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:53 pm

There a good gun my wife has had hers for about 3 yrs.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Randy Army Infantry 81to 90
randy27
Forum Regular

Postby getvicious » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:28 pm

This just struck me as funny.

I was looking in eBay for stuff and found a captive guide rod assembly for the SR22. The SR22 comes with a separate spring and rod. Here's an aftermarket "upgrade" to a captive assembly like in the CPX.

The CPX comes with a captive guide rod assembly and you can get an aftermarket "upgrade" to a separate spring and rod setup. We've all seen CPX users who dislike the stock captive setup.

So, the separate recoil rod pistol has people not liking the stock setup and "upgrading" to a captive system. The captive recoil rod pistol has people not liking the stock setup and "upgrading" to a separate system.

I guess the grass is always greener..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TK-Ruger-SR22-Captured-Guide-Rod-Recoil-Spring-Assembly-Stainless-Upgrade-22LR-/351624708028?hash=item51de773fbc:g:j5QAAOSwaA5WkEgT
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby Lefty Red » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:53 am

On my list of models I want!

Finally saw a used one in the gunshop last week. It's was used, but not in bad shape and priced right. Was thinking of getting it or putting it in layaway but they also had a used LCP Custom and used Kel Tec 3AT in the case so they went home with me instead. Been on a pocket pistol phase lately!
Any ways, thinking of going back and putting it in layaway for use as a training aid for newer shooters.

Lefty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lefty Red
Forum Regular

Return to Other Firearms