What would YOU like to see SCCY make next???

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Re: What would YOU like to see SCCY make next???

Postby Lken330 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:55 am

Hi sccy I'd love to se a improvement on the cpx 2 9mm I'm a 9 mm fan a big fan of the 9 mm actually and I like the cpx 2 a lot I'm currently having a issue with mine but I'm very confident when I call it will be resolved quick lol but I'd love for it to stay about the same, size wise, but I'd like to se the hammer on the back of it and be able to pull that hammer back and shoot it in single action,if I wanted to say if I were at the range or something similar to that also if it could hold more ammo that would be nice I know quite a few guys who have a F it attitude and don't ever go to the range they like to say I got 16 shots and all I really need to do is make one count lol again not me I can hit the stop sign any were you ask me to a block away but honestly I really do know a lot of guys who won't or maybe can't afford the range time so they just don't shoot and they really do only buy pistols that hold a lot of ammo to be honest I live close to detroit and sometimes when I watch the news I se news stories were a guy was robbed and something like 30 to 40 shots were fired so it happens and if your gun only holds 6 you only got to shoot 6 if you were in that gun fight were 30 to 40 shots were fired hope this helps
Lken330

Postby Lken330 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:05 am

One more thing I'd like to add I under if it's just me but a metal frame would be worth the extra weight and price to a guy like me just a suggestion I'd buy one defiantly buy one if it was all metal lol maybe I'm old school
Lken330

Postby OPFOR_Armor » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:19 am

Extended Barrels (with & without ports)
[I don't CC]

Threaded Barrel
[Suppressors anyone?]

Smooth Trigger (without serrations)
[Finger catches on serrations during pull... aim deviates, wavering 1/4" right for 1st half pull, then 1/4" left for 2nd half pull, instead of sliding smoothly on trigger]

Flared Magazine Well
[Poor mag insertion speed, when it binds up... takes three tries to correct the angle of insertion]

Enlarge Thumb Cut-out on Frame Grip
[Edges of recess, rubs thumb raw, just gripping it]

Integrated Light/Laser In Frame
[For better ergonomics & holster fit]

Molle Compatible Level II Retention Holster In FDE (Like BLACKHAWK! SERPA CQC Concealment Holster for Glock 26)
[The Blackhawk! SERPA S.T.R.I.K.E. platform works well (fit is a little loose even when torqued down), Goes from OWB to molle... but the gunmetal grey color stand out like a sore thumb (Coyote LBE & FDE CPX-2)]

The interface between the Frame/grip bottom & the extended base mag, has 1/8" extensions that create a pinch point when forcefully inserting mag.
[Hard to fire a weapon, when the palm of your "strong hand' is in your mouth, nursing a blister...]

SCCY might just be the best thing to come out of Florida ;)
OPFOR_Armor

Postby arcus10mm » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:26 am

how about they ---- make frame pins they stay put---recoil spring / guide rod that dont bind -----ejector that dont bend and break----magazines that fit---i hear there putting the springs in right now ----BETTER QC..........................and there "warranty" how about FIX-EM and not just see how fast they can get the back to you...........................................................
arcus10mm
Veteran Member

Postby Mrbone » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:50 am

^ best answer.
Mrbone
Veteran Member

Postby toymachine » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:10 am

I agree with adding a rail to the CPX, a carbine version that uses the same mags, and a hard case with latches similar to Glock's. I got a Walther with a hard case with the latches molded on the case itself, doesn't close nearly as securely as my Glock or Plano cases.
toymachine
Seasoned Member

Postby toymachine » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:02 am

parkerd wrote:It's a $200 gun with $200 options. If you start adding all this stuff you will have $400 gun with $200 quality. Yep my Glock ($600) has a better case than my SCCY ($200). Wonder why?

Just saying if they're going to offer a separate hard case (approx. $40-$50) they should fit it with decent latches. If they're going to offer a cheap one with molded on latches (approx. $20) separately, they shouldn't bother, IMO. Therefore, I offered a comparison between my Glock ($534) case, and my Walther ($467) case. Didn't realize the entire $67 difference in price was due to the different latch design. Heck, if I'd let the dealer keep the $200 hard case, I could have walked out with a Glock for less than I paid for my SCCY ($337). :whist:
toymachine
Seasoned Member

Postby mkiker2089 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:02 pm

I've spoken to Sccy about cases and they aren't interested. They said that cases are a waste of money. Clearly they assume we keep them in a holster all the time. I did upload pngs to get foam made at mycasebuilder if you need it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
mkiker2089
Seasoned Member

Postby CZ75 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:18 pm

I have purchased too many pistols looking for the perfect carry piece. This is just personal opinion but I am the most comfortable carrying my CPX 2.
I have not had any reliability issues and feel very confident using it for EDC.

I would like to see a pistol that corrects or enhances the things that I have experienced and read here that detract from the CPX 2.
I am not an engineer so please don't jump all over my suggestions.

1. A lighter trigger pull. Add more weight to the hammer so a hammer spring of lighter weight could be used.
2. Have replaceable back straps so the long trigger reach could be adjusted for different hand sizes.
3. A better curved and contoured trigger. I have two CPX 2s and needed to file and round off the 90* edge on the front of the trigger.
The 9+ lb. trigger pull made this uncomfortable.
4.Shorter trigger reset. I don't think this could be corrected with the simplicity of the current fire control mechanism. I thing this simple design is
what keeps cost down. Just compare the complexity of other pistols, Glock, CZ75, Springfield XD etc.
5. Larger diameter frame pins to better distribute shock and prevent pins from walking.

Except for the shorter trigger reset, a $50 to $75 price increase would not seem out of line.
CZ75

Postby toymachine » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:06 pm

Since cases of any quality level are out, and they already offer lasers that clamp onto the firearm, I'll cut my request back to a carbine version with an MSRP not much over $400-$450. For reference, the pistol's MSRP is $314 for CPX-2, add $20 for the manual safety.
toymachine
Seasoned Member

Postby Bill » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:25 pm

22Lr would be nice.
Bill

Postby Pony Soldier » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:22 pm

What would you think about a true DA/SA blow back fixed barrel 380. What say?
Pony Soldier
Seasoned Member

Postby nunnhn » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:36 pm

I would love a 9mm made to fit smaller hands. My CCW instructor told me I'm not accurate with my CPX-1 because my hands are too small for the grip. I picked up a S&W Shield 9mm and did amazingly with it. So something along those size lines would be great.

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk
nunnhn

Postby jayel » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:04 am

a longer barrel 1 1-1/2 inch to fit the CPX9 wouldn't be much bother in a open nosed holster
Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?
jayel

Postby economod » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:58 am

First and foremost, improve the inadequate frame pins ... too loose, too small and too few.

Keep the hammer concealed. Improve the trigger action by adding a half-cocked position w/ decocker and automatic firing pin block safety. It would still be DAO, but much of the trigger travel could be simple take-up to the precharged hammer, with a much shorter pull to break. This would retain the 2nd strike capability on a hard primer with a full-stroke trigger.
economod
Veteran Member

PreviousNext

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion