What would YOU like to see SCCY make next???

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Re: What would YOU like to see SCCY make next???

Postby juror » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:10 pm

nunnhn wrote:I would love a 9mm made to fit smaller hands. My CCW instructor told me I'm not accurate with my CPX-1 because my hands are too small for the grip. I picked up a S&W Shield 9mm and did amazingly with it. So something along those size lines would be great.

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk

For the life of me, I don't understand the “RE-COIL CUSHION” crap. Not only is the plastic so rigid that there is NO cushion unless you use a vise-grip, it also creates little cutting edges for your hand.

Seems like they could have removed some of the bulk of the grip by eliminating the "RE-COIL CUSHION" crap, as well as eliminating the swell in the middle of the grip.
juror
Forum Regular

Postby Lefty Red » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:13 am

I would like SCCY to follow in Glock's general plan of production. Just keep the pistol simple and don't make major overhauls or redesigning the wheel. Just tweak what you have and go with it.
Why? Because look at Glocks, they started a revolution in weapon design and construction. And they stuck to the same pistol and just tweaked it with no real major change in the pistol.
Look at Ruger and SW, they both have several different models of polymer and striker fired pistols and with each new design comes recalls and redesigning.
Is SCCY the best pistol out there? Not by a long shot. And at $225-$250 it's got some tough competition! You can find use Glocks and M&Ps and SRs at $300 all day long. Taurus is stepping up its game and actually low balling the rest. So SCCY just needs to keep it simple and uncluttered and find ways to make a good pistol better the most ones way possible.
But if I had to offer one idea, it would be to offer a modular platform like Sig is doing with the 250 and now the 320 series. Different grip frames in different sizes for different hands.

Lefty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lefty Red
Forum Regular

Postby blackie » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:22 pm

rogertc1 wrote:Agree: A .45 AUTO single stack the size of the current CPX but with features of #1 above.

What he said!!
blackie

Postby p320 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:34 pm

How about the damn cpx3 that was supposed to be out 2 years ago

If it's in your sights the time is Right. Long live the Republic.---Ethan
p320

Postby juror » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:18 am

Lefty Red wrote:But if I had to offer one idea, it would be to offer a modular platform like Sig is doing with the 250 and now the 320 series. Different grip frames in different sizes for different hands.

Lefty

Word, Bro!

A CPX grip without the faky "cushion" backstrap, finger indents on the front, and that annoying swell on the side would be amazing.
juror
Forum Regular

Postby getvicious » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:04 am

juror - "that annoying swell on the side" - What swell on the side are you referring to?
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby juror » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:38 pm

getvicious wrote:juror - "that annoying swell on the side" - What swell on the side are you referring to?

Your question motivated me to get out my trusty caliper to measure the grip width on my pistol, and here's what I found:

top, just under the slide: 1-1/16"
bottom, just above the magazine: 1-1/8"
middle of grip, fattest part: 1-5/16"

The difference between 1-1/16" and 1-5/16" may seem small, but it is 23%. The CPX is marginally suitable for pocket carry, which is what I want to do, so that bulge in the grip is noticable.

I got the CPX because it is conceivably light enough to pocket carry (even the frikkin' Nano is 5oz. heavier), and I want 10 round capacity. It would just be great if SCCY offered a minimalist grip to facilitate pocket carry.
juror
Forum Regular

Postby Pony Soldier » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:00 pm

So maybe a 7+1 for a slimmer butt and a lighter weight would contribute to 27% less ammo in the weapon.
Pony Soldier
Seasoned Member

Postby juror » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:28 pm

Pony Soldier wrote:So maybe a 7+1 for a slimmer butt and a lighter weight would contribute to 27% less ammo in the weapon.

Sorry, were you responding to my post? I don't quite understand your point.
juror
Forum Regular

Postby getvicious » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:40 pm

juror wrote:
getvicious wrote:juror - "that annoying swell on the side" - What swell on the side are you referring to?

Your question motivated me to get out my trusty caliper to measure the grip width on my pistol, and here's what I found:

top, just under the slide: 1-1/16"
bottom, just above the magazine: 1-1/8"
middle of grip, fattest part: 1-5/16"

The difference between 1-1/16" and 1-5/16" may seem small, but it is 23%. The CPX is marginally suitable for pocket carry, which is what I want to do, so that bulge in the grip is noticable.

I got the CPX because it is conceivably light enough to pocket carry (even the frikkin' Nano is 5oz. heavier), and I want 10 round capacity. It would just be great if SCCY offered a minimalist grip to facilitate pocket carry.

Interesting - I just measured mine. The stippled surface is an even 1 1/8 inch wide top to bottom.

I pocket carry mine all the time. In my back pocket in jeans and long pants. Back pocket, cargo pocket or front pocket in cargo shorts.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby juror » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:22 pm

getvicious wrote:Interesting - I just measured mine. The stippled surface is an even 1 1/8 inch wide top to bottom.

I pocket carry mine all the time. In my back pocket in jeans and long pants. Back pocket, cargo pocket or front pocket in cargo shorts.

Well, this is a little embarassing. Before I ever shot my pistol I installed a Hogue Handall Jr. grip sleeve because the re-coil cushion cutouts irritated my hand. I thought it was uniform thickness except the finger bumps, less than 1/32" after it's stretched over the grip. The bulge I complained about is from the Hogue sleeve. I failed to remove it when I measured because it takes about 20 minutes of pushing and prying to install.

The grip sleeve has a nice feel and solves the re-coil cushion issue, but the bulge is bad. Real bad.

Anyway, thanks for your help. I learn something new everytime I come to the forum.
juror
Forum Regular

Postby getvicious » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:36 pm

juror - I'm glad it's the sleeve rather than yours or my pistol. :D

I have a sleeve on my JA380. I bought a bicycle inner tube and cut it to shape then pulled it on the grip. It's not glamorous but it works great. Cost about $5 and I have enough left to do 10 or 15 more.
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby juror » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:57 am

getvicious wrote:juror - I'm glad it's the sleeve rather than yours or my pistol. :D

Me too. That would be seriously bad.

getvicious wrote:

I have a sleeve on my JA380. I bought a bicycle inner tube and cut it to shape then pulled it on the grip. It's not glamorous but it works great. Cost about $5 and I have enough left to do 10 or 15 more.

I tried a section of an old tube, but it was too skinny and didn't fit. The Hogue was only about $6 so...

My Rant:

Why does Hogue reshape their grip when they advertise it as a "sleeve?"

Why does SCCY have 10 flesh-eating depressions on the backstrap of their grip, when nobody else on the face of the planet does that?
juror
Forum Regular

Postby ursamajor » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:51 pm

RetiredGuy wrote:A 2/3-size version of the KelTec PMR30... Seems to me that people LOVE the idea of the PMR30 but wish it was a bit smaller for easier CCW. A version with a shorter barrel and a capacity of, say, 17 to 20 rds. of .22 magnum instead of 30, I think, would be a huge hit if it was reliable... A high-capacity subcompact... Best of both worlds... Sell a million!
for me, a rimfire would be an absolute hold out gun. That means I would have to be carrying 1-2 other guns in addition to the rimfire gun. I have no desire to carry that much firepower, so it won't do for me.

2ndly, I don't care who makes it, (not even if the ghost of John Browning himself designed it) I would NEVER rely on a Semi Auto Rimfire gun if my life were on the line. And as such, I would never buy a semi auto rimfire for anything else other than plinking.

ursamajor

Postby Pony Soldier » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:32 pm

CPX 3 coming soon?? Scanning the TV stations recently I hit on one program where they were testing 380 ammo. The pistol that was being fired during the test was a SCCY CPX 3. There were no "Fail to Fire", "Fail to Eject", "Fail to Feed" or any other problems associated with the pistol or tested ammo. Do you expect when we might see the release of the new "Quad Lock CPX 3" hit the market?
Pony Soldier
Seasoned Member

PreviousNext

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion