FAQ's

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Re: FAQ's

Postby jax gunslinger » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:23 pm

How do I identify which CPX Generation I own? :?

Below is a picture, which includes one of each generation CPX.
The one on top is a Gen 2, and the one on the bottom is the original version.

The original version (bottom) came in black or stainless and had a manual safety. (CPX-1 ONLY)
There were no Gen 1 CPX-2's.

The second generation (top) also came in black or stainless.
They are produced as either a CPX-1 (with manual safety), or the CPX-2 without a safety (shown at the top of the picture).
The generation 2 models have the cushion back strap feature, and a wider slide.

The quickest ways to identify a Gen 1 vs. Gen 2 may be the grip and slide.
The Gen 1's have horizontal lines across the hand grip, and straight vertical ribs on the side of the slide near the rear,
Where the Gen 2's have only a stippled effect, with a SCCY logo at the bottom of the grip on the left side (Not shown), and curved ribs on the side of the slide near the rear.

Both versions came with flat and finger grip bases for the magazines
Attachments
cpx1 and 2.jpg
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson ***PERMANENTLY BANNED MEMBER OF THE HPFF**
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Postby grandpa1466 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:44 pm

What Ammunition works well, and what Ammo should I avoid with the CPX?

Ammo to Avoid
Steel-Cased Ammo - Any of the cheap Russian ammo do not work well in the CPX.

Remington - Can be use, but will produce some FTF's (Fail to Fire). SCCY attributes this to the use of Harder Primers

Ammo to Use
Federal 115gr
Winchester White Box
Fiocchi 115fr hollow points
"The thing about quotes on the internet is you cannot confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln
grandpa1466
Veteran Member

Postby getvicious » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:22 am

How about an FAQ with a list of what ammo works well and what doesn't work well with the CPX.

I've used the ammo listed below. The Remingtom has given a few FTF (hard primers is what SCCY tells me). None of the listed ammo has worked badly, even the FTF rounds went on the second trigger pull (gotta love the DAO action for that).
Blazer 115 Grain FMJ
Federal American Eagle 124 Grain FMJ
Federal Champion 115 Grain FMJ
Hornady Critical Defense 115 Grain FTX
Magtech Guardian Gold 124 Grain JHP
Remington 115 Grain JHP
Remington 115 Grain UMC FMJ
RWS Sport Line 124 Grain FMJ
WWB 115 Grain FMJ
WWB 147 Grain JHP
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby PBWHJ » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:00 pm

I have seen many photos of Sccy pistols with "Generation 2" machined into the slide -- yet my newly purchased CPX-2 gen 2 does not. Any ideas why??? Just bored and curious! Thanks!
PBWHJ

Postby HootmonSccy » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:56 pm

PBWHJ wrote:I have seen many photos of Sccy pistols with "Generation 2" machined into the slide -- yet my newly purchased CPX-2 gen 2 does not. Any ideas why??? Just bored and curious! Thanks!

I've never seen a slide with the text you mention...
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby PBWHJ » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:17 pm

http://www.sccy.com/cpx2tt.html

Pics from sccy.com. Very visible on the pics of the CPX-2 Two Tone.

Cheers!
PBWHJ

Postby HootmonSccy » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:40 pm

PBWHJ wrote:http://www.sccy.com/cpx2tt.html

Pics from sccy.com. Very visible on the pics of the CPX-2 Two Tone.

Cheers!

May be a promotional slide... My CPX-1 Gen 2 does not have the extra text..
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby BigSwede » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:59 pm

PBWHJ wrote:I have seen many photos of Sccy pistols with "Generation 2" machined into the slide -- yet my newly purchased CPX-2 gen 2 does not. Any ideas why??? Just bored and curious! Thanks!

That's new, and SCCY has updated the photos on their site! My CPX-1 Gen 2 (Mod 0) has the older style slide. I think SCCY has redesigned the slide and quietly introduced it in the last six-nine months. Engraving "Generation 2" on the slide is even more recent. Looking on GunBroker I see the "Generation 2" engraved on several guns, so it may be the new SOP for SCCY.

Ed
BigSwede
Seasoned Member

couple questions

Postby thewiz » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:12 pm

anyone else notice that the slide moves a little side to side at the rear of the frame on their gen 2? can move mine about 1/32" none of my other semi's do that. also, thinking of getting into reloading 9mm, used to load shotshells and know there is a difference. did the research but would like to know what works for you guys before i purchase. thinking single stage with a 3 turret dye
whoever practices the best, wins.
thewiz

Re: couple questions

Postby HootmonSccy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:08 am

thewiz wrote:anyone else notice that the slide moves a little side to side at the rear of the frame on their gen 2? can move mine about 1/32" none of my other semi's do that.

Not only in the rear but also in the front.. This is normal
Ben Franklin
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Re-Installing/Loc-tite Rear Sights

Postby jax gunslinger » Fri May 04, 2012 5:50 pm

Remove the bolt and clean threads with some alcohol and let dry. Check bolt hole for debris and remove as necessary. Dip the tip of a tooth pic in the lock-tite, and apply a small bit on the threads. (less is more) Immediately re-install screw and align sight. Once aligned, final tighten screw being careful not to break off head. (re-check alignment) Let dry 24hrs prior to shooting.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson ***PERMANENTLY BANNED MEMBER OF THE HPFF**
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

How to get flat mags to latch in easily.

Postby jax gunslinger » Fri May 04, 2012 6:02 pm

At the bottom of the frontstrap, dead center is a molding mark. Trim this down with a file or razor until flush, then the flatbottoms should fit fine. (Thanks Jason from SCCY)
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

How to fix "slide lock up" during re-assembly

Postby jax gunslinger » Tue May 08, 2012 1:07 pm

Apparently this happens enough to make it to the FAQ list. Thanks Jason for your input.

To prevent this in the future. The barrel MUST stay forward when the slide is moved to the rear. I simply point it down before moving the slide to the rear. Since you are already stuck, try this. You have to pull the recoil rod (from the front) out towards the front of the pistol about an inch or so and then pull it down. This will lever the recoil rod over the boss (step or shelf or ledge)in the reciever. All references to direction are assuming the pitol is oriented with sights on top, mag on the bottom, pointed away from you. I have this conversation about 5 times a week. If you have problems with these or the directions, give me a call and I'll try to help over the phone. So far it has worked for everybody I've talked to.Stay Safe,
Jason
Armorer/Service Manager
Shooting Team Captain
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Updated info on Frame Pins/New version recoil rod system

Postby jax gunslinger » Sun May 13, 2012 5:25 pm

Clarification in regard to CPX models requiring updated frame pins and recoil rod assemblies.

Jason from Sccy wrote:

The over sized frame pins were only for a few guns that needed them. All production guns have the new recoil setup as of early March. I use MFR7 exclusively on service guns, it seems to work very well. All service guns are ready to use when they leave my hands, all screws have thread locker, however, screws should be checked after every range or shooting session.

Thanks Jason for your update. :D
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Re: Updated info on Frame Pins/New version recoil rod system

Postby sccytoter » Sun May 13, 2012 7:09 pm

jax gunslinger wrote:Clarification in regard to CPX models requiring updated frame pins and recoil rod assemblies.

Jason from Sccy wrote:

The over sized frame pins were only for a few guns that needed them. All production guns have the new recoil setup as of early March. I use MFR7 exclusively on service guns, it seems to work very well. All service guns are ready to use when they leave my hands, all screws have thread locker, however, screws should be checked after every range or shooting session.

Thanks Jason for your update. :D
Thanks for the update jax gunslinger.
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Next

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion