Frame Pins?

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Re: Frame Pins?

Postby Sccy-Captain » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:56 am

Yiogo, make sure the safety screw is tight. If you have a CPX-1 gen 2, I can change it over to a CPX-2 for the cost of the parts (about $18) and you pay all shipping charges.
No such thing as knock down power,
only knock down accuracy
Sccy-Captain
Veteran Member

Postby Yiogo » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:27 pm

Captain, thanks but this is a new gun which was purchased 4/4/2012 and I don't want to spend money to fix a new purchase. That just doesn't seem right to me especially considering the small amount of rounds put through it. I have the safety bypass parts as they were sent to me with the guide rod but I like the idea of having the safety. I will tighten up the safety screw as much as I can. Then take it from there. I'll keep your offer in mind, however. Yiogo
Yiogo
Forum Regular

Postby grandpa1466 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:55 pm

I was able to fix mine with the safety disable kit by just using the new, longer spring and plunger they sent. Then I took a tiny drill bit and deepened the holes in the old left safety lever just a little bit. It works great now. Like you, I just wanted the safety to work, not to disable it.
"The thing about quotes on the internet is you cannot confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln
grandpa1466
Veteran Member

Postby getvicious » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:13 am

I was able to fix mine with the safety disable kit by just using the new, longer spring and plunger they sent. Then I took a tiny drill bit and deepened the holes in the old left safety lever just a little bit.

I did something very similar to my original CPX-1. The different thing was I used the lever in the safety elimination kit. Rather than deepening the holes I added one hole for the Safe position and partially filled the existing hole for the Fire position. The difference in the levers is the eimination lever only has one deep hole to stay locked in the Fire position. I found modifying the lever to add a hole made the switching between Safe and Fire very deliberate and positive. It worked really well for me.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby Yiogo » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:04 pm

Ok I loctited the pins in a it better. They seemed to stay in at the range after 30 rounds. Still waiting for the larger pins. Safety repair kit installed and seems to click into place nicely. Dry fires ok. Will test at the range ASAP. Yogo
Yiogo
Forum Regular

Postby Yiogo » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:11 pm

In a post above I said I was sent the bypass kit. My mistake as I was sent the repair kit.
Yiogo
Forum Regular

Postby Yiogo » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Still waiting for the larger frame pins but the loctite is holding the old ones in place so far. Yiogo
Yiogo
Forum Regular

Postby jax gunslinger » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:13 pm

I would give them a call.... the squeeky wheel gets the oil.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson ***PERMANENTLY BANNED MEMBER OF THE HPFF**
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Postby Yiogo » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:45 am

The service this company provides is amazing. The frame pins are not in yet. They are willing to just send me another pistol. I'm holding off on that since I have this one shooting pretty well at this point. Keep up the good work SCCY. Yiogo
Yiogo
Forum Regular

Postby jax gunslinger » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:23 am

I'm not sure thats a good or bad thing. Let me get this straight......Sccy is willing to send you a brand new gun instead of .30 cents worth of frame pins? Of course you are on the hook for the $60-80 worth of shipping. Anyone else have a problem with this business model? :shock:
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson ***PERMANENTLY BANNED MEMBER OF THE HPFF**
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Postby Yiogo » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:44 pm

I thought the offer was generous but I'll wait for the pins. The Loctite is working. Yiogo
Yiogo
Forum Regular

Postby jax gunslinger » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:18 pm

I'm amazed that Sccy has still not got a handle on these frame pin issues. I started bitching about mine 6 months ago when my new CPX2 started having issues. As I recall they were on order back then. And now they're offering replacement guns because they can't supply their customers with 30 cents worth of replacement pins. This kind of reminds me of the guide rod issues they had earlier on. It only took 8 yrs for Sccy to fix that problem. IMHO Sccy is still a poorly managed company. :roll:
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Postby Yiogo » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:47 am

I figured you felt that way and you are entitled to your opinion, jax. I just don't agree. I still thought that was a nice gesture on their part. Smiles are better than frowny faces. It's only a gun. :) Yiogo
Yiogo
Forum Regular

Postby getvicious » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:49 pm

Of course you are on the hook for the $60-80 worth of shipping.

I don't understand that statement.

I've sent a gun to SCCY twice, once for repair and once for a replacement (sent a CPX-1 Gen 1 to them and got a 2nd Gen CPX-1 back from them).

An FFL can ship a pistol via USPS and SCCY ships back to the owner on their dime (at least they did for me) via Priority Mail (costs them about $10).

I think my total shipping expense was about $30.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby jax gunslinger » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:18 am

In my experience shipping a firearm can be complicated. The last gun I shipped personally through Fed-X was a nightmare. First It needs to be taken to their hub, they will not allow you to drop it off at a local shipping office. They will help you fill out the paperwork at the local store, but they will not take it for shipment. Once you take it to the hub, Fed-x wants the companies FFL info and $60 for overnight shipping (inside Florida). I'm sure this charge would increase the farther you live from Daytona. I've got a local dealer here that will ship firearms for $35, (prices vary by dealer). No one will ship a firearm around here for $10. Taurus will do it for free both ways and pick up at your door.
We're kinda getting off in the weeds here. My concern is Sccy has a know problem that's been going on for nearly a year. The solution is simple. Find a vendor that can get it done, or make the correct parts themselves. The solution from the manufacturer should never be glue your new gun back together, or we will give you a new one! And by the way, no one cares what color the new box is, we want the guns we paid good money for to work. I'm throwing the BS flag on this one.......... :bs:
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

PreviousNext

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion