Instructional videos on Disassembly of slide and frame...

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Instructional videos on Disassembly of slide and frame...

Postby HootmonSccy » Fri May 24, 2013 11:00 pm

ChrisTX was nice enough to create a couple of instructional videos dismantling the slide and the frame of the CPX Gen 2.

These are meant for informational purposes and MAY NOT include all information needed to successfully complete the procedure. Proceed at your own risk!

***NOTE: If you are inexperienced at this type of work, you may not be able to get your pistol re-assembled or may re-assemble the pistol incorrectly which may result in harm or death***

Attempt this type of work at your own risk!

Your SCCY CPX Pistol comes with a full Lifetime Warranty. It is recommended that you exercise this Warranty and allow SCCY to perform all work on your pistol.

Neither ChrisTX or this Forum is responsible for the results of trying to follow these videos!!

Now, with that out of the way... Here are the two videos...

Disassembly and reassembly SCCY CPX Gen 2 Slide - VIDEO

Disassembly and reassembly SCCY CPX Gen 2 Frame - VIDEO
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Re: Instructional videos on Disassembly of slide and frame..

Postby h2otoo » Sun May 26, 2013 6:45 am

Once again, good job, Chris. Thanks.
h2otoo
Veteran Member

Postby getvicious » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:59 am

I think you'll find the Gen 1 slide comes apart the same as in the video (at least mine did when I replaced the Extractor).

The Gen 1 and Gen 2 CPX-1 frame work is also the same (Gen 1 = CPX-1) with one exception. The Hammer Pivot Pin doesn't come out quite the same as on a CPX-2. The CPX-1 has a Safety. The Safety Index Pin (spring loaded pin that makes the safety "click") is inside the Hammer Pivot Pin so the Safety Lever Screw in the Left Safety Lever must be removed and the Left Lever to allow the Hammer Pivot Pin to come out. This really doesn't matter as you don't need to remove the Hammer to remove / replace the Trigger Cam. See page 29 of the SCCY Manual to see how these pieces go together. BTW - the Frame Pins are slightly larger diameter in a Gen 1 pistol but remove / replace the same.

And yes - nice videos! 8)
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby nimbly » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:50 am

Can y'all make this a sticky? Does sccy-forum have stickies?
"The strongest tactical move is always the one in which you will reap the highest gain at the lowest cost." -Tim Russ

"An irrational fear of the weapon is sign of retarded emotional and sexual maturity." -Sigmund Freud.
nimbly
Forum Regular

Postby whiteout9085 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:45 am

I'm a new pistol owner and I was taking it apart and reassemble it to get used to it and I was putting it back together and can't get the disassemble pin to lock back into place is there any help y'all can offer me
whiteout9085

Postby HootmonSccy » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:09 am

whiteout9085 wrote:I'm a new pistol owner and I was taking it apart and reassemble it to get used to it and I was putting it back together and can't get the disassemble pin to lock back into place is there any help y'all can offer me

1st of all:

Now to your question...
There is a loop in the bottom of the barrel, the pin MUST go through that loop.
If you have the pin through the loop and it's the last 1/10 of an inch, then you may need to slide the slide slightly back or forward if the notch for the pin (or really the slide lock) is slightly off.. The pin should be centered in the notch on the side of the slide..
Also make sure the flat side of the part you use to pull the pin is pointed upwards. The slide moves across that flat spot...
WIthout pictures or a slightly better description, it's a little hard to know where you are stuck at...
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby myhobbyz » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:50 am

whiteout9085 wrote:I'm a new pistol owner and I was taking it apart and reassemble it to get used to it and I was putting it back together and can't get the disassemble pin to lock back into place is there any help y'all can offer me

How far did you take it apart?? Field strip, or did you take out the slide stop lever and spring also? The slide stop lever spring is what the take down pin "snaps" into, this spring fits into a small area that needs to be as far forward (towards the muzzle) as possible to be in the correct position. Like has been mentioned make sure the flat side of the take down pin is on the top against the bottom of the slide.
YOUR LACK OF PLANNING IS NOT MY EMERGENCY.......
myhobbyz
Forum Regular

Postby whiteout9085 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:05 pm

I just did a field strip on it and I'll try what you suggested right now
whiteout9085

Postby whiteout9085 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:13 pm

And I put the top on the frame and with the loop how Far do I need to pull it cause if I pull all the way I am not able to get it thru the loop at all cause there's the notchh to where the bottom is its all I can get
whiteout9085

Postby gvfd107 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:31 pm

anyone else having a hard time with frame pins, went to install oversized ones and front pin moves 1/8th of an inch but WILL NOT move at all after that
back one comes out fine though
gvfd107

Postby jayel » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:05 pm

in the second video he turns the trigger reset spring 180°, what does this do for the trigger exactly?

think I found my answer "This used to be billed as a way to increase the tension on the trigger to let the shooter feel a more positive reset. Not enough to add to the trigger "weight" (9 lb trigger pull) but gave a better feel as you released the trigger. Help to prevent short stroking the trigger reset."
Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?
jayel

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion