Slide lock spring broke !!!!

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Re: Slide lock spring broke !!!!

Postby tlwaldrup1 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:27 pm

I had a problem with my trigger not wanting to reset after each shot, last week my frame pins walked out and caused the slide lock spring to slide between the slide lock and the trigger frame. I've shot almost 300 rounds and never had one ftf or fte until the side pin walked out, I took it to sccy's factory and they fixed it in under 30 min and handed it back to me I shot 20 rounds today and I have to say with the new slide and slide rod spring it shot more accurate then ever.

Sccy's customer service is by far the best i've ever seen.

p.s. the new rod spring looks bigger then before and seems to have more pressure when racking the slide, or could just be me
tlwaldrup1

Postby DrJosh » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:58 pm

I bought my CPX 2 two weeks ago and have the same problem with the slide hold spring dislodging. I've fixed it back into place a few times, but it never last longer than the next magazine insertion since that pushes the slide hold out enough to dislodge it from the spring again. I'll also be sending mine back for service.

What did they do to solve the issue? Just looking at how it works, I think I would need a tighter frame, or maybe a wider slide hold where it attaches to hold the spring in place...?
DrJosh

Postby wrench459 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:57 pm

:bash: should have bought a Glock. :whist:
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby DrJosh » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:07 pm

wrench459 wrote::bash: should have bought a Glock. :whist:

This purchase has a purpose, and Glock doesn't make a 15oz 9mm. Getting it in blaze orange was just bonus. Now if I can just get it to work properly... filling out Return service paperwork now.

Until then, yeah, I'm still carrying my G26.
Last edited by DrJosh on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrJosh

Postby DrJosh » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:14 pm

~ 7-10 days later with FedEx shipping paid by SCCY to my door, my CPX-2 is back. Looks like they swapped the whole frame. This one is thicker with very little (if any) flex, unlike the last one. Should help keep that spring in place. Haven't tested it with fire and fury yet, but I was previously able to dislodge the slide lock spring by racking it aggressively, but I tried as best I could with this one and it's still solid. No slipped spring. So far so good... range report to follow.

BTW that's an Aegis Armory Sheath, which took ~ 3-4 weeks to deliver, but fits perfectly.
This rig is for open carrying a sidearm while hunting or (mostly) for backpacking, when I might need to find it in a backpack or inside a bivy/tent in low light. The whole thing stands out perfectly - without looking too much like a toy.

IMG_8355.JPG
DrJosh

Postby DrJosh » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:00 pm

Finally got my chance to test my repaired-returned CPX-2. 200rds of mixed 115 and 124gr with zero problems. Also handled 124gr federal HST JHP just fine. I'm calling it a keeper... but if buying mg again I'd take a real close look at the frame to make sure it's the thicker/stronger version. Never did get any confirmation from SCCY regarding what the problem was, but seems that was it...
IMG_8376.JPG
DrJosh

Postby arcus10mm » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:59 pm

orange.jpg
SCCY cpx are 15 oz w/o mag
arcus10mm
Veteran Member

Postby DrJosh » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:33 pm

arcus10mm wrote:SCCY cpx are 15 oz w/o mag

Thanks; updated my mistake above.
My G26 is still 22oz unloaded though.
7oz in a 10-12lb pack over 50+ miles is noticeable.
Plus... I just like the li'l thing.

Edit: wait that's a G43... and yeah... only ~ 3oz heavier than the CPX-2? And I've shot it a few times and the damn thing shoots *almost* as well as the Sig p938 in my hands? And they sell for < $400 via Blue Label? And my wife already wants one of her own? Sure - I see a G43 or two in my near future. Thanks for pointing out the modest weight difference. In this case I do think it's worth the extra few ounces.
DrJosh

Previous

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion