SCCY Customer Service

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

SCCY Customer Service

Postby 3kt's&asccy » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:56 pm

I've read about SCCY's good service. I emailed them yesterday asking for a flat slide lock lever, because I've had issues with pushing the overmolded one up and locking the slide back while firing. Their response was that if I didn't want them to install it, they would send the lever to a dealer. TO A DEALER???? It's a lever not a frame!!! Anyone know what's up with this?
3kt's&asccy

Re: SCCY Customer Service

Postby arcus10mm » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:00 pm

3kt's&asccy wrote:I've read about SCCY's good service. I emailed them yesterday asking for a flat slide lock lever, because I've had issues with pushing the overmolded one up and locking the slide back while firing. Their response was that if I didn't want them to install it, they would send the lever to a dealer. TO A DEALER???? It's a lever not a frame!!! Anyone know what's up with this?

They told me NOT AVAILABLE
arcus10mm
Veteran Member

Postby getvicious » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:24 pm

3kt's&asccy wrote:I've read about SCCY's good service. I emailed them yesterday asking for a flat slide lock lever, because I've had issues with pushing the overmolded one up and locking the slide back while firing. Their response was that if I didn't want them to install it, they would send the lever to a dealer. TO A DEALER???? It's a lever not a frame!!! Anyone know what's up with this?

SCCY has previously announced they were going to stop sending parts to owners and make service be done by them. Perhaps this is part of that not sending parts to owners change.

If you can't get the metal only slide lock lever you might trim your plastic covered one down. The plastic trims easily with a razor knife or file.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby 3kt's&asccy » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:49 am

That's exactly what I'm considering. This, though, is NOT good customer service. This is an easy part to change, and having had a Kel Tec P11 for over 20 years, I know how to take this gun apart. If it's something the owner can do, why send it in and be without your primary EDC gun for a week!!?? Come on SCCY. Rethink this one.
3kt's&asccy

Postby MARINE DIVISION TWO » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:21 am

SCCYS customer service is the best in the business ! have not had to call them in 2 years as any issues were quickly addressed,cant say that about Taurus,Glock,S&W etc ! MDT
MARINE DIVISION TWO
Veteran Member

Postby GoesBang » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:49 pm

This policy started about a year ago. They only send a few parts nowadays. Front and rear sights, guiderod assemblies, frame pins and takedown pins are about the limit.

Good thing I got my extra parts long before that.
SCCY CPX-2-CB
Ruger P95PR
Henry Golden Boy H004
Sig Sauer P226
RIA 1911 Tactical FS 45 ACP
RIA M206 38 Special 2"
RIA M200 38 Special 4”
Taurus PT940
Marlin 336W/989M2/Camp 9

USMC 1976-79 3rd MAW Camp Pendleton, CA
HTTP://www.X-CalibearUSA.com
GoesBang
Veteran Member

Postby 3kt's&asccy » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:59 pm

Well, the idea of great or even good customer service went with this policy. As much as I was looking forward to the 380, I won't even consider it if I can't get the parts shipped to me!!!! Hope you're reading this SCCY. If we can't get and install simple parts, if we have to go through a dealer to get simple parts, I'm out!!! If I did have it shipped to a dealer, I would still be putting it in myself. So why the hassle????????
3kt's&asccy

Postby arcus10mm » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:49 am

SCCY Service <service@sccy.com>
To joe jones
Today at 8:35 AM

Good Morning,

We do have an Online store coming in February.

You will be able to purchase additional Frame Colors.

I can email a label so we can get the gun in and change the Slide Lever.

If you prefer I can send the part to a Dealer in your area.

Thank you for choosing SCCY Industries!

Danice Allen

SCCY Industries

1800 Concept Ct

Daytona Beach, FL 32114
arcus10mm
Veteran Member

Postby -Patrick- » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:10 am

I'm guessing they are c.y.o.a. on this. Some idiot probably tried something stupid and since they provided the $5 part they could be liable.
-Patrick-

Postby 3kt's&asccy » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:29 pm

To Joe Jones @ SCCY Customer Service:

Don't you understand that even if you send the slide lock to a dealer, I'm still going to install it myself??????? Just send it to me!!! This IS NOT customer service!
3kt's&asccy

Postby arcus10mm » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:45 pm

3kt's&asccy wrote:To Joe Jones @ SCCY Customer Service:

Don't you understand that even if you send the slide lock to a dealer, I'm still going to install it myself??????? Just send it to me!!! This IS NOT customer service!
Im sure there is lawyers involved in this policy-- with all the issues i have had with my SCCY----SCCY Customer Service has been 100%----replace or repair is there call---and if need be ill seed it back "FOREVER" or they stop telling me no charge
arcus10mm
Veteran Member

Postby 3kt's&asccy » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:50 pm

This discussion is finished. I'm just going to remove the overmold on the lever. End of story!!
3kt's&asccy

Postby rickyblaze » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:51 pm

I took a sanding drum on my dremel and shaved mine down.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk
rickyblaze

Postby dennistruckdriver » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:27 pm

Maybe they're tired of giving away parts to anybody who says they need something.
It's not good business sense to just give inventory away.
I couldn't have done that when I worked at the motorcycle shop.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk
dennistruckdriver

Postby johni37 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:25 am

I just got my cpx2 back and got great service from Danice. The only problem I have is they failed to tell me what they repaired. My problem was double feed. They did say my model had some upgrades. Don't know if I got them or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johni37

Next

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion