SCCY Customer Service

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Re: SCCY Customer Service

Postby economod » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:50 pm

johni37 wrote:I just got my cpx2 back and got great service from Danice. The only problem I have is they failed to tell me what they repaired. My problem was double feed. They did say my model had some upgrades. Don't know if I got them or not.

I just got mine back too, also with no packing slip, and no description of service.
Included a SCCY window decal, and a note saying it was test fired and "thank you very much for your support".
9mm Ammo Length . SCCY Wood Shims . CPX2 Replaced-Sold
VOTE! "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that." MLK Jr. 1957
economod
Veteran Member

Postby getvicious » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:11 pm

You two might want to call SCCY and ask what work was done to your pistols. It's odd there's no repair sheet. As far as I know a repair sheet is normally included listing what was done to the pistol.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby johni37 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:01 pm

Got the same thing. Going to call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johni37

Postby azlewisranch » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:35 pm

I believe this is sign of things to come for SCCY, when they can no longer provide consistent and quality support for their product and everyone is getting different results. Unless they can pull their heads from their behinds and get a handle of the support issues you will start to see this in their product as well and then it's all over. Hope they can get it a handle on it ASAP. I was really wanting to like the product, but so far not too impressed with the product and definitely not with the support.
azlewisranch

Postby economod » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:21 am

getvicious wrote:You two might want to call SCCY and ask what work was done to your pistols. It's odd there's no repair sheet. As far as I know a repair sheet is normally included listing what was done to the pistol.

Yes, it is odd. The first time I sent it in for repair (June-2015, slide lever spring) it was gone for ten days (Fri-Mon) and it was returned with a business form receipt listing all the parts that were serviced. Perfect.

The second time I sent it in for service (January-2016, cracked frame) it was gone for fifteen days (Thur-Fri) and it returned without a business form nor any description of service. During that time, after ten days I sent a polite email asking for an update. I received a reply two days later, saying it would ship that day, which it did. It was delivered two days after that, but without any diagnosis. Just an 2" strip of scissored paper, folded in half, with a SCCY emblem on one side and a generic thank-you note / 380 push-ad on the other. I threw it away.

Something changed at SCCY. The service was the best thing going for this product. For me (I paid $250+tax), it's essentially been a $200 PITA gun with a $50 prepaid service agreement. I'll shoot it again later this week ... 20 rounds will get it to 500 total. Hopefully it can fire each full mag once without trouble. Go from there.
9mm Ammo Length . SCCY Wood Shims . CPX2 Replaced-Sold
VOTE! "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that." MLK Jr. 1957
economod
Veteran Member

Postby wrench459 » Tue May 03, 2016 6:50 pm

A big thumbs-up for Sccys customer service.Image
Seven days turn around time to convert my CPX-1 gen two to a CPX-2.
Thanks Charlie and to all the other people behind the scenes that made it happen.
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby wrench459 » Tue May 03, 2016 8:21 pm

parkerd wrote:Congrats on your transformed CPX. Make sure you check regularly for termites.

One way is to cut a slot into the safety lever rotator shaft
I don't think that this might be proper way..but what the hey
Bang Bang
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby TrapperBob » Wed May 04, 2016 5:53 am

My experience with Sccy service has been great, although needing repairs twice in the first 3 months of ownership does concern me a bit for the long term reliability of the gun. The other thing is that there are a LOT of people who have great things to say about the service, which means a lot of people have to have service. If Sccy spent more time on quality control they'd do better financially compared to constantly fixing, for free, problems with the guns.

This, coupled with their choice of new products (I'm not sure there is too much market for a larger 380 gun, every one I know with a 380 bought it because it's small) and their apparent inability to get new products from development stage to market has me wondering if they'll be around in, say, 10 years.
TrapperBob

Previous

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion