Up Grades

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Up Grades

Postby Proz » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:04 am

Does anyone know if SCCY plans on coming out with any upgrades like a shorter lighter trigger? I'm not new to firearms and beleive in a good holster and would love the trigger to be about 6 lbs and maybe a little shorter. I woundnt mind night sights either. I'm not into cheap aftermarket stuff ill wait untill SCCY comes out with something of a top rated company does. Love my SCCY I never leave the house with out it. I have almost 1k rounds with NO FTF or FTE.
Proz

Re: Up Grades

Postby getvicious » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:10 am

Proz wrote:Does anyone know if SCCY plans on coming out with any upgrades like a shorter lighter trigger? I'm not new to firearms and beleive in a good holster and would love the trigger to be about 6 lbs and maybe a little shorter. I woundnt mind night sights either. I'm not into cheap aftermarket stuff ill wait untill SCCY comes out with something of a top rated company does. Love my SCCY I never leave the house with out it. I have almost 1k rounds with NO FTF or FTE.

First - Howdy and welcome from NC. Glad you found us.

SCCY has never given any indication of changing their trigger. As the CPX gets more owners (it's still a very minor player in the pistol market) perhaps there will be some after market accessories coming like a trigger mod kit.

SCCY has mentioned having different sights available a few times in the past couple years but nothing has come of that yet.

They have said they're opening an on-line store the end of February (in an email another member posted). Of course it's now March.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby wrench459 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:16 pm

Just got my cpx-1 back from Florida.
It seems that they had a running production change with the slide.
I swear that my original slide(292XXX) had a much higher land for the recoil spring assembly.
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby David cole » Sat May 21, 2016 8:36 pm

Does anyone know where I can get a new guide rod that has metal at both ends
David cole

Postby getvicious » Sat May 21, 2016 10:06 pm

I don't know of any OEM style after market guide rod assemblies anywhere. SCCY is the only source of captured guide rod assemblies for the CPX. They have gone thru about 6 versions in the past 7 years and most used a metal captured washer at the front. Some were steel and one was brass. You might check eBay for an old version.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby arcus10mm » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:35 pm

arcus10mm
Veteran Member

Postby arcus10mm » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:41 pm

arcus10mm
Veteran Member

Postby TGA49 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:25 am

Galloway Precision has an stainless steel guide rod for the Sccy..
TGA49

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion