cases bulging

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Re: cases bulging

Postby ndnchf » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:13 am

Thanks arcus. I will take it apart this weekend and see if I can figure out what's going on and fix it. I would like the trigger return spring to be a little stronger. If not, i'll send it back.
ndnchf

Postby Pocket_Pistol » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:27 am

ndnchf wrote:Thanks arcus. I will take it apart this weekend and see if I can figure out what's going on and fix it. I would like the trigger return spring to be a little stronger. If not, i'll send it back.

We had a video on the trigger spring issue on this site once, IIRC. Basically, the pistol gets detail stripped and the trigger spring is installed so as to make a full turn before fitting under the trigger bar instead of just a half turn.
Pocket Pistol

"No longer waiting for the MPX"
Pocket_Pistol
Veteran Member

Postby arcus10mm » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:55 am

arcus10mm
Veteran Member

Postby ndnchf » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:31 pm

I watched the detailed teardown video and followed the procedure to add another 1/2 turn of tension to the trigger return spring. The trigger seems to snap back and reset much better now. I'll go to the range and try it out early next week. Thanks for all the advice.
ndnchf

Postby ndnchf » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:18 pm

I went to the range today and put about 80 rounds through it with no malfunctions! The trigger spring mod worked great and the new barrel doesn't allow the cases to bulge as much. The only issue I noted was the front frame pin started to walk out a little. I suppose removing and replacing it reduced the interference fit. I'll try a drop of medium strength Loctite on it. But over all I'm very pleased with it.
ndnchf

Postby randy726w » Tue May 10, 2016 1:39 pm

Orangedotfever wrote:Mine has done that with the +P loads I have tested in it. Let us know what SCCY says about it. I may need a new barrel too.

Not supposed to use +P. Could be the problem.
randy726w

Postby randy726w » Tue May 10, 2016 1:41 pm

ndnchf wrote:I went to the range today and put about 80 rounds through it with no malfunctions! The trigger spring mod worked great and the new barrel doesn't allow the cases to bulge as much. The only issue I noted was the front frame pin started to walk out a little. I suppose removing and replacing it reduced the interference fit. I'll try a drop of medium strength Loctite on it. But over all I'm very pleased with it.

Frame pin kept walking out on mine. I took it back to the factory and they put an oversized pin in it and it hasn't happened again.
randy726w

Postby tripleb » Tue May 10, 2016 2:20 pm

randy726w wrote:
Orangedotfever wrote:Mine has done that with the +P loads I have tested in it. Let us know what SCCY says about it. I may need a new barrel too.

Not supposed to use +P. Could be the problem.

randy726w, check your manual. You can use +P in a limited fashion not to exceed 50 rounds per range session.
tripleb
Seasoned Member

Postby randy726w » Tue May 10, 2016 2:46 pm

The recommendation is to not use them at all. A limited use statement was added to the manual but more for self defense carry which is obviously very limited use hopefully anyway. When I was having problems with mine, that was one thing they asked me, if I was using +P. I assured them I was not.
randy726w

Postby tripleb » Wed May 11, 2016 6:21 pm

Straight from the manual, page 16.

+P.jpg
tripleb
Seasoned Member

Previous

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion