CPX3

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Re: CPX3

Postby randy726w » Mon May 09, 2016 12:36 pm

TrapperBob wrote:I agree about the CPX3 size, I don't really understand the reasoning for a 380 the size of a 9mm. I had the Taurus TCP, very nice, well made, extremely reliable. Recoil is stout, but my problem was that I was always accidentally dropping the mag. I had to use a different grip than I use on any other gun to avoid hitting the mag release after every shot.

If I get a .380 it will either be the Ruger LCP or the S&W Bodyguard. They are really small and lightweight and from what I've read about them reliable. Is the TCP really reliable? I like it, size and feel but I've never talked to anyone that had one. Some of the Taurus' are kind of shaky.
randy726w

Postby 3kt's&asccy » Mon May 09, 2016 2:53 pm

I picked my TCP up last Wednesday, stripped and cleaned it and put 100 rounds thru it; 85 WWB and 15 of my carry ammo, Hornady Critical Defense 90gr FTX. No problems. From what I've read online, most all of the complaints were early on (A & B) series. They've apparently made some significant strides in QC. Mine is the D series. I also read that the early ones even looked bad. Fit & finish on mine is excellent. I also know there are those who will deride it simply because it's a Taurus, without ever really knowing anything about the pistol. I have one, I've shot it with no problems, and I'm carrying it as my EDC gun!!!!!!!!!!
3kt's&asccy

Postby rogertc1 » Mon May 09, 2016 5:28 pm

parkerd
What am I am about to say will piss you off being a SCCY hater and all. I have 3 SCCYS. old Blue from 2011, white and red this year. I am getting an orange SCCY real soon. So I will have 4. How does that cook your gizzard? ( I have a lot of guns.)

Here is a pic of my colored gun section in my gun room....
I HAVE MORE GUNS THAN YOU.
rogertc1
Premium Member

Postby TrapperBob » Tue May 10, 2016 9:00 am

randy726w wrote:
TrapperBob wrote:I agree about the CPX3 size, I don't really understand the reasoning for a 380 the size of a 9mm. I had the Taurus TCP, very nice, well made, extremely reliable. Recoil is stout, but my problem was that I was always accidentally dropping the mag. I had to use a different grip than I use on any other gun to avoid hitting the mag release after every shot.

If I get a .380 it will either be the Ruger LCP or the S&W Bodyguard. They are really small and lightweight and from what I've read about them reliable. Is the TCP really reliable? I like it, size and feel but I've never talked to anyone that had one. Some of the Taurus' are kind of shaky.

The TCP I had was completely reliable, never had a single issue in 500 rounds or so, various ammo. The fit and finish were quite good.
TrapperBob

Postby economod » Wed May 11, 2016 3:56 pm

I've not held a TCP in a while, but have read a few of these same reports ... hitting the mag release by accident.
And learned that the mag release is reversible ... did you ever try that?
- thanks
9mm Ammo Length . SCCY Wood Shims . CPX2 Replaced-Sold
VOTE! "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that." MLK Jr. 1957
Illiterate Cheat, Fear-Mongering Conman, Racist-Bigot-Brat, Putin Poster Child ... lock him up
economod
Veteran Member

Postby 3kt's&asccy » Thu May 12, 2016 7:14 pm

Just had a self defense session and decided to use the TCP, since it's what I carry in summer. My instructor was impressed with the quality of the gun. He had no idea Taurus had a US plant. I put 60 rounds thru it--flawless. I really like this gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3kt's&asccy

Previous

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion