Want to sell my CPX-2

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Want to sell my CPX-2

Postby faulty_wiring_ » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:16 pm

Never thought the day would come where I would even consider selling this gun, but that day has come. My decision has nothing to do with performance, I just need the money. Aside from my firing pin breaking after a lot of dry firing, this gun has functioned flawlessly through about 1500 rounds.

I have ran into a problem though. It doesn't seem like gun shops in my area are too interested in buying them. I had one shop tell me they could probably offer me $50 and another say they don't buy them at all because they don't sell. If I can't sell to a shop, my next option would be sell to a private party. Does anyone have any advice on selling? And/Or some experience with sites like gunbroker?

Also, how much of a chance do you think I have of selling my SCCY and how much do you think it affected the value considering I modified the frame by filing down the finger grooves and putting my own custom grips?

20160422_183259.png

20160422_1832591.png
faulty_wiring_

Re: Want to sell my CPX-2

Postby 1cigarbar » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:18 pm

What will u ask $

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
1cigarbar

Postby faulty_wiring_ » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:33 pm

Was hoping for at least $210.
faulty_wiring_

Postby TrapperBob » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:24 pm

faulty_wiring_ wrote:Was hoping for at least $210.

I don't think that's realistic, I paid about $240 new. Given that it's modified a good bit, and that the gun shop wants to make money on the resale, I'd expect more in the $150 range from a gun shop. Maybe a little more for a private sale but the modifications will make it harder to sell. I know that when I look at used guns I'm looking for as close to factory original as possible.
TrapperBob

Postby rogertc1 » Sun May 01, 2016 9:50 am

Why sell a gun you could never replace except for a HiPoint. It is OK to have more than one gun. Save your penny's and just buy another gun you want.. How can you call your person a buddy who owns a few gun stores when he wants to rape you?
I HAVE MORE GUNS THAN YOU.
rogertc1
Premium Member

Postby BadMonk » Sun May 01, 2016 2:42 pm

I've bought and sold on both gunbroker.com and armslist.com without any problems. Things that I sold (2 long guns and 2 pistols) went fairly fast. I'm actually selling a Hi-Point .40 today after posting it two days ago. Pricing is important. I know a shop won't give me squat and I also know what new sells for ... so price accordingly. The 2 guns that I bought were as advertised and real good deals, to me. That's just my experience. YMMV.
BadMonk
Forum Regular

Postby MARINE DIVISION TWO » Tue May 03, 2016 3:33 pm

Realistically the most any LGS will give you is $100 and thats toward the purchase of another gun in their shop ! The negatives are that you butchered the grip to your specifications and buyers are turned off by that and thinking what other changes did you make to the gun ! I have turned down guns that others have stippled for this reason alone ! JMO/MDT
MARINE DIVISION TWO
Veteran Member

Postby Pony Soldier » Tue May 03, 2016 5:47 pm

At best you are looking at $50 to maybe $120 because of your "Personal Modifications" to the weapon. If you need money quickly, sell your car, subtract the funds you require, and with the remainder buy a cheaper car. (That is, if you currently own a car.) You will get an appreciation of the compounded value depreciation on a car that will proportionatly relate to your SCCY. You'll be amazed at the deflated value of a car in what you think it may be worth. So take what you are offered on you SCCY and walk away.
Pony Soldier
Seasoned Member

Postby faulty_wiring_ » Wed May 11, 2016 11:47 am

Thanks for the response guys. Like some of you said, me shaving down the finger grooves seems to have completed obliterated any chance I had of selling to a LGS here in s. Florida. I called SCCY about a possible replacement and was told they were opening an online shop this month where frames would be sold. SCCYs not too good on time quotas except with their warranties so I'm not holding my breath on that. I am interested to see how they handle replacement frames though since the SN is on them.
faulty_wiring_

Postby economod » Wed May 11, 2016 1:24 pm

faulty_wiring_ wrote:Thanks for the response guys. Like some of you said, me shaving down the finger grooves seems to have completed obliterated any chance I had of selling to a LGS here in s. Florida. I called SCCY about a possible replacement and was told they were opening an online shop this month where frames would be sold. SCCYs not too good on time quotas except with their warranties so I'm not holding my breath on that. I am interested to see how they handle replacement frames though since the SN is on them.

The SN is actually on the aluminum receiver, not the polymer frame.
If you purchase a new polymer frame alone, you'll have to move all of the old guts into it.
Here are a couple videos that might help you understand what's involved in the complete disassembly ... hth
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=14839
9mm Ammo Length . SCCY Wooden Shims . CPX-2 Replaced / Sold
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that" MLK Jr. 1957
"Nationalism is a betrayal of Patriotism" Macron 2018
kcuf pmurt - leurc hsifles kcirp
economod
Veteran Member

Postby strider43 » Fri May 27, 2016 10:22 am

faulty_wiring_ wrote:Never thought the day would come where I would even consider selling this gun, but that day has come. My decision has nothing to do with performance, I just need the money. Aside from my firing pin breaking after a lot of dry firing, this gun has functioned flawlessly through about 1500 rounds.

I have ran into a problem though. It doesn't seem like gun shops in my area are too interested in buying them. I had one shop tell me they could probably offer me $50 and another say they don't buy them at all because they don't sell. If I can't sell to a shop, my next option would be sell to a private party. Does anyone have any advice on selling? And/Or some experience with sites like gunbroker?

Also, how much of a chance do you think I have of selling my SCCY and how much do you think it affected the value considering I modified the frame by filing down the finger grooves and putting my own custom grips?

20160422_183259.png

20160422_1832591.png

The sad truth is these pistols are junk, noone who knows anything about them is going to pay anything near what you would think they are worth based on what you paid. These pistols are like the old Jennings cast pot metal pistols. Actually the Jennings that I own is way more reliable than my SCCY 9 MM.
strider43
Forum Regular

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion