CPX-2 trigger

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

CPX-2 trigger

Postby Drec » Wed May 18, 2016 1:36 am

Are there any mods that can make this better, or do you just have to get used to it. It is a long pull. I was at the range today and received some help shooting this gun. I did a lot better, but I can see the trigger is my biggest downfall.
Drec
Forum Regular

Re: CPX-2 trigger

Postby getvicious » Wed May 18, 2016 6:31 am

The long trigger pull and 9 pound trigger weight are intentional design elements of the CPX.

People have tried various things to change the trigger. Do a search to find the posts. Some said their mods helped, some said the same mods didn't - very subjective.

Personally, I trimmed the edges on my trigger and all the pointy places on the frame including the injection mold seam on the frame and the mag base plates. That made the gun more comfortable to hold and shoot. Practice made me better with the pistol and acclimated me to the DAO trigger.

More than anything else, I recommend practice.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby Drec » Wed May 18, 2016 4:33 pm

I did do a search and saw some of the mods; which really didn't say one way or the other if they were the way to go. I'll just spend more time trying to shoot it and maybe I'll get used to it. Thanks!
Drec
Forum Regular

Postby Drec » Tue May 24, 2016 12:53 am

When I shot today, I made a real effort to change my grip; which helped a lot. Better groupings and more on target, actually the best that I've shot the SCCY. I'll keep working on it though. Maybe I shot more at one time, compared to other outings, but the sharp edges on the trigger, made their presence know; which will be something that I'll work on before next outing.
Drec
Forum Regular

Postby jjrb230 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:01 pm

Drec wrote:Are there any mods that can make this better, or do you just have to get used to it. It is a long pull. I was at the range today and received some help shooting this gun. I did a lot better, but I can see the trigger is my biggest downfall.

You can definitely get used to it and even see it as an advantage as the engineers who designed it envisioned it. I have no problem with the trigger, even if it is a long pull it is very predictable after some dry fire practicing but... The weak striking makes the gun totally unpredictable: bang, bang, click, bang click,click, click, no bang. Not acceptable. It is a shame because I like my SCCY so much. any recommendations?
jjrb230

Postby getvicious » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:46 pm

jjrb230 - Howdy and welcome from NC. Glad you found us.

You mention light strikes. Do you have a 1st or 2nd Gen pistol? The 1st Gen pistols didn't do well with hard primers (like used by Remington and with NATO rounds - C.I.P. standard rounds).

If your pistol is a 2nd Gen that indicates a problem you should call SCCY about tomorrow. 2nd Gen pistols don't have that same issue with hard primers as the 1st Gen pistols did.

I guess it also bears asking if you're certain it's the pistol and not the ammo?
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion