Guess this is my goodbye

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Guess this is my goodbye

Postby 6strings » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:53 pm

I enjoyed my time here and will probably still check in from time to time just to see whats new , but , im leaving here and heading into a new territory as i have traded in my Sccy for a Springfield XD 9mm and couldnt be happier ! I tried hard to love my Sccy but i just couldn't get past hitting the trigger guard with my trigger finger when i was ready to fire when drawing from my holster ,i had to try and alter my grabbing grip and that would just throw off my aim on the first shot or 2 , i guess my hand just didnt fit the frame right or something like that , not to mention the felt recoil really hurt the web of my hand when shooting through more than a magazine or two . Anyways , thanks for welcomeing me into the Sccy forum and for all the great people here who contribute to this site and make it what it is today , informative and educational !!! :kickback:
6strings

Re: Guess this is my goodbye

Postby economod » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:24 pm

6strings wrote:... i have traded in my Sccy for a Springfield XD 9mm and couldnt be happier ! ...

Congrats!
Did you get the 4" full size XD9, or stay with the 3" sub-compact size?
9mm Ammo Length . SCCY Wooden Shims . CPX-2 Replaced / Sold
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that" MLK Jr. 1957
"Nationalism is a betrayal of Patriotism" Macron 2018
kcuf pmurt - leurc hsifles kcirp
economod
Veteran Member

Postby 6strings » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:30 pm

I got the 4 " full size because i wanted to have a pistol i could shoot all the time and not sometimes , and the added capacity of the magazines is also a plus incase i needed it for home defense duty , not ruleing out carrying it because the glock 19 is similar in size and i have a buddy who conceal carries a glock 19 easily and you would never suspect it being on his person . Im not wanting to bash the Sccy because i really liked it for what it was and it was accurate to shoot and it was a good deal when i got it , the warranty is excellent and i have had no problems with contacting Sccy customer service when i needed them , if the trigger guard was a little bit longer and the trigger forward position wasnt so far forward or grip was a little bit more larger it would of worked out good for me .
6strings

Postby economod » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:23 am

6strings wrote:I got the 4 " full size because i wanted to have a pistol i could shoot all the time and not sometimes , and the added capacity of the magazines is also a plus incase i needed it for home defense duty , not ruleing out carrying it . . .

Yeah, my full size B6P is much more useful, too. The short-reset SA trigger is the best of its many advantages.
And it will shred paper plates at 15 yds, nearly as fast as I can pull the trigger. Wish I could shoot it every day.
9mm Ammo Length . SCCY Wooden Shims . CPX-2 Replaced / Sold
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that" MLK Jr. 1957
"Nationalism is a betrayal of Patriotism" Macron 2018
kcuf pmurt - leurc hsifles kcirp
economod
Veteran Member

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion