Let's Talk: SCCY The Company

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Re: Let's Talk: SCCY The Company

Postby economod » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:47 am

arcus10mm wrote:sounds about right http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Sccy-Industries/reviews

Thanks. That explains a lot.
economod
Veteran Member

Postby fla-gypsy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:27 pm

That doesn't explain anything. Two entries? every business out there including some of the best have negative anonymous employee reviews. The poster who pointed out the cynical few that exist on any forum was dead on, they're easy to pick out.
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
fla-gypsy
Forum Regular

Postby economod » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:34 pm

fla-gypsy wrote:That doesn't explain anything. Two entries? every business out there including some of the best have negative anonymous employee reviews. The poster who pointed out the cynical few that exist on any forum was dead on, they're easy to pick out.

Thanks. That explains a lot.
economod
Veteran Member

Postby wrench459 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:00 pm

wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby jhmartin » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:21 pm

I've recently purchase two of these pistols. (about 2 months ago)
One has operated flawlessly since day 1 at the range.

The other had some failure to fire issues. Called SCCY and they shipped at their expense a new slide unit. And at their expense, they had the other slide shipped back to them.
Since then that gun has had no issues either.

I'm very happy with this product and company. Much more than I can say of many other companies whose products I use.
These folks were courteous, and very willing to make their product in my hands work as advertised.

Both guns have about 400 rounds thru them now. About 350 ea of 115gr FMJ from various and about 50 ea of Federal 147gr jhtp.
jhmartin

Postby CB236 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:36 am

I'm not going to bash SCCY. I read the reviews before I purchased the CPX2 so I knew there was a good chance that I may have FTB, FTF, and FTE issues. Frankly, I'm treating this gun as a challenge for me to tune it up and increase it's performance. So far, I have polished to feed ramp and lightly sanded the slide rails. I'm hopeful that this will solve the main problem that I'm have which is Failure to go to Battery. I like the feel of the CPX2 and I really want it to be a reliable gun. If that is never the case, I have a safe full of other reliable options.
I Reload, Therefore, I Am
CB236

Postby Merc6 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:33 am

xddan58 wrote:I have a sccy cpx 2 . I have been reading the post's and wondering if i made a mistake buying it. I have not fired it yet and i'm a little afraid to. I think i'm going to sell it. I see more negative comments than positive. I was going to make it my CCW . But i do not know if i would use this gun for protection. Just saying
It's a toss up honestly, if you are just concerned with shooting it and not liking it then rent one and see if you can get 100 rounds down range. Not fair to base your feelings off a range slut but it's a start of you are debating on selling it. Used is used and it's up to the buyer if they want to pay your price. Store may have a huge restocking fee making private sell a better option. For me the gun isn't pissing me off enough to justify the loss on trade/sell so I still have it. It's not my only rig but I trust it to at least get through the magazine that's with it currently. The magazine I recently went to the range with it last is trashed.

Being a new gun you can always send it back for free but it seems 13-15 months old you gotta pay to ship back.
SCCY CPX-2 CB 9MM
*Talon Rubber Black Grip & Mag Extension
*Polished Barrel
*Oversized Frame Pins

SW1911SC E Series 2- Tone .45 Auto
*Polished Barrel
Merc6
Seasoned Member

Postby jcwit » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:19 pm

Back in the early part of 2014 I purchased 2 SCCY handguns, one of each model.

Both have been shot close 1,000 times, one has been modified in that I replaced the guide rod with a steel one then switched to a brass one, also installed a slightly heavier spring to soften recoil as I'm old and do not like pain.

Have yet to experience any problems with either gun. I do reload my own ammo and use power coated round nose bullets.

For those out there who have trouble, you have my sympathy?

For those out there who continue to bash a company, "and me for my good fortune" I truly feel sorry for your pitiful life and your inability to get over it! :bdh:
jcwit
Veteran Member

Postby arcus10mm » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:26 pm

the latest SCCY.com http://www.sccy.com/
arcus10mm
Veteran Member

Postby arcus10mm » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 am

Running out of room

Roebuck wants to build a 100,000-square-foot plant to consolidate the operations that could employ 400 to 500 people. He’s looked at land in the area, but says it’s too expensive to buy and develop.

Sccy is also being courted by officials from Georgia and South Carolina, offering free land and discounted buildings. Roebuck said his current leases expire in 3.5 years so he wants to decide where to move by the end of this year. http://www.news-journalonline.com/news/ ... gun-makers
arcus10mm
Veteran Member

Postby mike94yj » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:17 am

I had been looking at the SCCY's for a while, I liked the size and capacity. I got a FDE and silver CPX2 back in the spring. Took it to the range and started getting a few failures to extract or sticking shells. I tried different ammo and still had the issue, I called them on a Tuesday and spoke to a few people. By Friday I had a new upper assembly. Monday ran around 150 rounds of 5 or 6 different rounds with not a single issue. Though I wish it would have worded out of the box, they took care of the issue and didn't cost me a dime.
mike94yj

Postby getvicious » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:56 pm

mike94yj - Howdy and welcome from NC. Glad you found us. Good to hear SCCY got your issue fixed up.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby normslee » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:47 am

As to how this company makes money, I doubt they profit from weapon sales. This may be a case of not seeing the forest for all the trees. SCCY is a LLC. The only government agency that would have any idea as to SCCY's financial picture would be the IRS and Florida's tax division. That information would not be made public. What you may be dealing with here is a shell corporation set up to conduct money laundering. The business would be kept alive just enough to be a legal operation which would explain why the pistols are having the same problems without any long term quality fixes. The people working there wouldn't have a clue as to what could actually be going on. As long as the "books" show increased sales each year the federal and state tax people are happy. The question is how many sales are real?
normslee

Postby cgray451 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:23 am

normslee wrote:As to how this company makes money, I doubt they profit from weapon sales. This may be a case of not seeing the forest for all the trees. SCCY is a LLC. The only government agency that would have any idea as to SCCY's financial picture would be the IRS and Florida's tax division. That information would not be made public. What you may be dealing with here is a shell corporation set up to conduct money laundering. The business would be kept alive just enough to be a legal operation which would explain why the pistols are having the same problems without any long term quality fixes. The people working there wouldn't have a clue as to what could actually be going on. As long as the "books" show increased sales each year the federal and state tax people are happy. The question is how many sales are real?

Or it could be that Joe Roebuck is an arrogant, incompetent, fat slob. Either explanation is perfectly plausible.

:lol:
cgray451

Postby cgray451 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:00 pm

Roebuck stole the name of a vodka company, stole the design for his ONE(!) firearm from Kel-Tec, stole the name of a candy company(Lifesavers), lied about producing the MPX-3 and 9 for over two years, and then pretended the whole thing never happened, has lied now for two years about the "CPX-3", has been forced to sell all the colors of the rainbow to pathetically try to cover up the fact that after a DECADE his little company can produce nothing other that a cheap, poorly made plastic pistol in a single caliber.

Oof. :bdh:
cgray451

PreviousNext

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion