Sights ?

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Sights ?

Postby hitmanharleyk » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:16 pm

anyone tried this on their sights? I was told alot of police officers do this to their weapons and I'm thinking of doing the sights on my home protection SCCY.

https://www.amazon.com/GLOW-ORIGINAL-Super-Phosphorescent-Sights/dp/B004K56TS8
hitmanharleyk

Re: Sights ?

Postby GKC » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:34 am

I haven't tried this product, but the reviews weren't what I'd call stellar. I like for any product I buy to score a lot higher than 50% of the top rating.

More on point, I don't care for these type of "night sights" that require exposure to light to work. You most need luminescent sights on your gun at night, but these have to be charged before they are luminous...and in a home defense scenario at night, the gun has most likely not been exposed to light to charge the sights. If I hear a noise or something that causes me to grab my gun and go check it out, I don't want to be shining a flashlight at my gun, which will of course draw attention to me as well as my gun. If I turn on a flashlight at all, I want it to be illuminating the threat, and hopefully blinding them so that they can't see me.

I don't know if there are any true night sights available for SCCY pistols, but I personally would try to find those...and not waste my money on products like this. That of course is just my opinion.
GKC
Seasoned Member

Postby Robin L Studdard » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:10 am

I really like the sites on the SCCY better than any of my sites other than my Rifle & Carbine. It beats the SWBG .380, the XDm9C3.8"...They barely beat out the Povona.
Robin L Studdard

Postby ron28spells » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:41 pm

I have used luminous paint on all my handgun sights, this will improve his ability in all lighting conditions.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
ron28spells

Postby dmessy » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:43 am

Glow in the dark paint or even dedicated night sights are useless IMHO....and I had both. When dark, the best thing to have is a flashlight so you can actually see what you are aiming at. The light negates the glowing sights almost completely. My best and current solution is a handheld flashlight in the off hand and a laser on the gun. Put the dot on the target and pull trigger, even if you are behind a wall, laying down,etc. For daytime usage, the SCCY sights as is are hard to beat
dmessy

Postby dmessy » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:18 am

Parker, Sorry you disagree about my post (and from what I've read, just about everyone else on this forum). I'm glad I could make you laugh. Have fun in your forum of one, I'm outta here
dmessy

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion