Parts Shipped To FFL?

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Re: Parts Shipped To FFL?

Postby TXSCCY » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:11 pm

parkerd wrote:Uh..first post, second post, third post....they are all still there. End of this conversation for me.

Yep, all my posts are still there but I never said what you said I did. Don't put words in people's mouths! Image
SCCY CPX-1-TT Gen 2
SCCY CPX-2-CB
TXSCCY
Forum Regular

Postby getvicious » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:25 pm

SCCY started saying they only ship parts to an FFL about a year ago. It's their policy. Personally I have an opinion why but that bears no weight as SCCY has not actually said why they changed their policy. SCCY is a private company and is free to impose policy for customer service. Hopefully those policies enhance service rather than reducing service. We all have our opinion on this policy. There are reports that sometimes SCCY will still send parts to people directly. Other times SCCY will only send the same parts to a FFL. Who knows - only SCCY.

SCCY has never had an on-line store so there is no place to "order" parts from. Call SCCY and talk to them if you feel you need spare parts. Sometimes that works, sometimes not.

The on-line store is a thing that SCCY has announced will be available very soon. They've been saying that for several years.

Go here and download a copy of the 2014 version of the Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide - it can answer a lot of the things we all have questions about: https://www.atf.gov/file/11241/download
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby Renaldow » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:40 pm

parkerd wrote:just for clarity: The GCA requires serial number affixed to receiver/frame of handgun, so it does mean something.

A serial # on any part that is NOT a receiver/frame (where the frame has part of the receiver) is meaningless. Serials #'s aren't magical. The GCA requires a serial # on the receiver/frame because that is the part of the firearm that is legally a firearm. A serial # on a slide, barrel, etc. as long as they are not part of the receiver, is entirely meaningless. Some manufacturers will put serial #'s on many different parts of a gun that they aren't legally required to for collecting and other purposes, especially with imports.
Renaldow
Forum Regular

Postby rogertc1 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:59 pm

ALL IN ALL StanW THE OP IS A ONE HIT WONDER.
It is interesting reading the 2 pages how some posters make up laws and stuff as they go. :lol:
I HAVE MORE GUNS THAN YOU.
rogertc1
Premium Member

Postby slowhand60 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:38 am

I have run into this problem with SCCY twice and I think it's a load of crap. I've been custom building 1911s for over 20 years and have purchased every part that is contained within the frame and they have been shipped to my house. The only part of the CPX that should have to be sent to an FFL Dealer is the metal housing of the frame insert, the only part with the serial number. I've tried to explain this to them, but had no luck.
slowhand60

Previous

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion