Trying to find my born on day for my cpx2

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Trying to find my born on day for my cpx2

Postby S,r,6883 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:04 pm

Hey im just trying to find the born on date for my cpx2 . I read somewhere on this forum of a way to find date of manufacture thru the serial number or something on the original box but cannot find the post and no luck with the search bar . Ive called sccy and was told they couldnt give me an exact date and i cant tell because the spent case was missing from the box at time of pickup.all i got out of a woman who answered my call at sccy was that my gun was manufactured sometime in the last month and a half . Im fine knowimg i have a newer model and not 1 thats been sitting around for god knows how long but if anybody knows how to find the born on date thru any of the numbers on the box i would really appreciate it . Thanks guys
S,r,6883

Re: Trying to find my born on day for my cpx2

Postby wrench459 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:54 pm

Whats the first three #'s on the frame?
As far as born on date.
These things are built in stages...more about the process http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015 ... tory-tour/
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby S,r,6883 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:05 pm

The first 3 are 471
S,r,6883

Postby getvicious » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:06 pm

Does your fired case have a date it was test fired? That's about the best you can do. Unless SCCY has changed they won't tell you the build date of your pistol.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby S,r,6883 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:09 am

There was no spent casing in box . I called an could only get an estimated build date ,which was about a month and a half ago . I only came here to ask cuz i read somewhere that it was possible to find an exact date by either the serial number or some other numbers on side of box . Something to the effect of the numbers corresponding to the day of the year that it was,put together or something to that effect . I could be mistaken and be thinking of something totally different lol but couldnt hurt to ask . But thanks all for the feedback .
S,r,6883

Postby ulpilotrmh » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:52 pm

I picked up my CPX-2 today The sticker on the envelope containing the spent round says my CPX-2 was tested on 6/21/16.
ulpilotrmh

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion