New SCCY CPX2

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

New SCCY CPX2

Postby Doc » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:46 pm

Just received my new dark earth and black CPX2.. clean and oiled itand went out to break it in. I took 150 rounds , 50 each of Remington UMC115 fnj, Speer, Lawman115 fmj,and last a box of Blazer Brass 115.. I ran ten lawman, then ten Remington and lastly ten Blazer Brass. All went well until the Blazer. I had 4 out of ten ftf with the Blazer. I then put 20 more Remington without an issue and again I had 5 out of ten ftf with the Blazer.. By this time it stared to rain.. I came in cleaned the pistol, disassembled , clean and oiled the magazines . I hope to finish breaking in the pistol this week and continue testing.. Ammo or magazine what's causing the frf ? Won't carry or recommend this to anyone until I can figure it out.
Doc

Re: New SCCY CPX2

Postby economod » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:51 pm

The UMC is about .040" shorter than the BB, which may be a contributing factor to its success.
Welcome to the forum.
economod
Veteran Member

Postby juror » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:30 pm

Doc wrote:Just received my new dark earth and black CPX2.. clean and oiled itand went out to break it in. I took 150 rounds , 50 each of Remington UMC115 fnj, Speer, Lawman115 fmj,and last a box of Blazer Brass 115.. I ran ten lawman, then ten Remington and lastly ten Blazer Brass. All went well until the Blazer. I had 4 out of ten ftf with the Blazer. I then put 20 more Remington without an issue and again I had 5 out of ten ftf with the Blazer.. By this time it stared to rain.. I came in cleaned the pistol, disassembled , clean and oiled the magazines . I hope to finish breaking in the pistol this week and continue testing.. Ammo or magazine what's causing the frf ? Won't carry or recommend this to anyone until I can figure it out.

Failure to fire? You didn't mention trying a second strike. Or were they failure to battery? I don't really see how a magazine could cause an ftf once the cartridge is chambered.

I've had many failure to battery but never a ftf.
juror
Forum Regular

Postby Doc » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:30 am

Sorry, Falure to feed..... ran, about 80 rounds through it before the rain. Went out yesterday and ran 70 more rounds through the CPX2 without an issue. Then ran 20 Federal Hydra Shock 135 gr. Without and issue.Gun seems to function fine after break- in. My right index finger is sore this morning from the trigger guard slapping it during recoil I guess. Barely Paper plate MOA at 20 yards but exceptable at 7-10 yards. I have a J frame that is about as accurate and a Bersa Thunder that is twice a accurate .
Doc

Postby juror » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:06 pm

Glad to hear it's functioning well now. Both of my magazine springs were in backward and I had to replace the recoil springs. I shot 80 rounds today with no problems at all so I'm a satisfied customer.
juror
Forum Regular

Postby Mark38090 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:45 pm

Welcome from Brooker Florida.
Mark38090
Forum Regular

Postby ursamajor » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:03 pm

Doc wrote:Just received my new dark earth and black CPX2.. clean and oiled itand went out to break it in. I took 150 rounds , 50 each of Remington UMC115 fnj, Speer, Lawman115 fmj,and last a box of Blazer Brass 115.. I ran ten lawman, then ten Remington and lastly ten Blazer Brass. All went well until the Blazer. I had 4 out of ten ftf with the Blazer. I then put 20 more Remington without an issue and again I had 5 out of ten ftf with the Blazer.. By this time it stared to rain.. I came in cleaned the pistol, disassembled , clean and oiled the magazines . I hope to finish breaking in the pistol this week and continue testing.. Ammo or magazine what's causing the frf ? Won't carry or recommend this to anyone until I can figure it out.
when you bought your gun, was it the one in the display? If so, was it displayed with the slide locked back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ursamajor

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion