Fired case included with new purchase?

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Fired case included with new purchase?

Postby smokeyburb » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:44 am

Some members say they found a test fired case in the box. Some members did not find a test fired case.

I do not have a test fired case or any certificate indicating a manufacturing date. Can I conclude that my new cpx-2 or any SCCY pistol without said case and/or certificate was not test fired at the factory before it was shipped? Just curious.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
smokeyburb

Re: Fired case included with new purchase?

Postby ictghost » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:25 pm

I bought two new CPX-2's last week, one purple, one two-tone (got in on the $197 deal at Atwoods!). The purple one didn't come with a test cartridge but the two-tone model did. The two-tone model had a much lower serial number than the purple model.

On another note, the front sight on the earlier two-tone model is noticeable thinner than the purple one. The white dot on the front sight actually fell out while I was putting 100 rounds through it. I repainted it while I was cleaning it the following day. Other than that, both of my CPX-2's functioned perfectly. The sights recover very easily after every shot. I really like this firearm.
ictghost

Postby novaman69 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:48 pm

I just bought a cpx1 yesterday and did not have 1 in the box.
novaman69

Postby range ncoic » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:20 am

I bought my new CPX1 the last day of May,17. It did not have a fired round, Ser#482xxx. regards, Jim
range ncoic

Postby TXSCCY » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:51 pm

I bought the CPX-1 in 2/2014 from Davidson's and the CPX-2 in 4/2017 from Bud's Gun Shop. Both came with a spent casing in a small packet that has the test fire date and the name of the SCCY gunsmith who did the test. Please see the attached pic of my CPX-1. In the picture, I removed the serial number of the pistol printed on the packet. Same for the CPX-2.
Attachments
SCCY CPX-1-TT Small.png
SCCY CPX-1-TT Gen 2
SCCY CPX-2-CB
TXSCCY
Forum Regular

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion