Stressing

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Stressing

Postby gstone » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:10 pm

Got the wife out today to shoot the cpx 2 and within the first mag, my rear sights fell off. I put them back on, and tightened up the set screw as tight as it would go, ran another mag and it fell off again. Add to that my last round hold open is only working every once in a while and this guns is less then 3 weeks old and has about 130 rounds thru it. This replaced a Pt111 G2 as my carry gun and I really love it but im starting to worry that its not going to do so well. Anyone else out there having this issue, should i send to sccy or just sell it and replace with something else. I dont much care for carrying a single action pistol, i prefer something like the Sccy where the hammer is completely relaxed and cant fire at all without pulling the trigger.
gstone

Re: Stressing

Postby getvicious » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:06 am

I recommend you call SCCY and invoke your warranty. If they want you to send them the pistol be sure to ask for a prepaid shipping label.

You might check to see if your mag springs are in backwards. There have been reports of occasional backwards springs for several years. The high point goes under the front to the follower (toward the front of the mag and pistol).

People have fixed the rear sight coming loose with loctite.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby gstone » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:29 pm

So...you were right on the slide lock back, the spring was in backwards, I took it apart, flipped it and put it back together and it works fine now. I took a bit of loctite blue and installed the rear site and tighten it down today. After that I let it cure for about 4 hours, took it out and ran 50 Federal Aluminum and 50 Winchester White box hollow points thru it. Happy to report A:) Ran all 100 rounds with 0 problems, everything ran great. B:) Sights didnt move at all, after running 100 rounds I checked it with the allen wrench and 0 movement on the set screw, loctite did it and now i have my firearm back, on a nicer circle I was able to hold all my shots today inside rings 2-1-0 (0 being the bulls eye circle) on an 8" targetat 10 yards :) not too bad
gstone

Postby juror » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:49 pm

gstone wrote:So...you were right on the slide lock back, the spring was in backwards...

Don't get me wrong, I love my SCCY and think it's the best value out there.

That said, SCCY should include with every gun it sells, a big red tag, including a diagram, that says:

"We don't know which way your magazine springs were installed, and we don't care. Please check them yourself."
juror
Forum Regular

Postby gstone » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:16 pm

Its not just Sccy that does this, my Tcp was the same, from factory the mag spring was in backwards, I just didnt expect this from Sccy, I thought they were above that. My Tcp wouldnt lock back and was jamming up when I first got it, I called Taurus and was going to send it in, the guy told me to check the mag springs and sure enough....backwards. How....just how does this make it past QC, are they sleeping up there.
gstone

Postby juror » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:38 am

"How....just how does this make it past QC, are they sleeping up there."

I. Don't. Know.

It seems the corporate philosophy is "send 'em out and hope for the best, we'll fix 'em if they come back."
juror
Forum Regular

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion